Being part of Oncology at GSK is being part of something special. The focus of the organization couldn’t be clearer – we are fueled by a personal passion to give our patients and our customers MORE. More of ourselves, more to fight for and more moments that matter! Cancer continues to be a core area of intensive focus at GSK, and while much progress has been made in the past few years, more can be done to REDEFINE EXPECTATIONS in cancer care.
Are you an experienced commercial leader looking to be part of our innovative, dynamic, and growing Oncology franchise? If so then this role may be for you.
As the Head of Hematology Strategy you will be responsible for the development and operating oversight of the strategic launch plan (SLP) for our transformational lead asset in Multiple Myeloma across our key markets. In addition, he/she will look also tightly manage the forecast ambition, including providing the rigor needed to understand future opportunities and supply chain dynamics.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Lead, maintain and facilitate cross-functional decisions for short-range and long-range strategies, plans and tactics
- Lead and deliver critical annual and monthly updates to our long-range forecast, annual portfolio investment board and support the MCL in monthly TA board updates
- Engage with regions and key markets to understand market-specific needs, dynamics, and how to ensure optimize future launches
- Implement agile ways of working and practices into strategy planning processes
- Maintain and update key forecasts and metrics, including market KPIs, supply chain, and 10 year forecast
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with LOCs, internal functional groups, business partners, global thought leaders, customers, and professional organizations to assist in timely and successful product launches
- Assess new opportunities in Hematology, performing due diligence and valuations, as needed
- Build a high-performing team and foster a coaching culture to maximize performance and development of each contributor into our Hematology strategy
- Contribute to a culture of “One Team”, driving organizational continuity and alignment across local operating companies (LOCs) and the Oncology franchise in a rapid-paced and agile way
Additionally, this role will have Life Cycle Management responsibilities to include:
- Lead the development of our lifecycle management plan to explore earlier indications in MM as well as new indications
- Participate in the annual brand / operating plan process by shaping the tactical plan and budget required to ensure we are prepared for new indications
- Cultivate relationships with customers, develop deep market insights, and customize commercial strategies across various customer segments
- Provide strategic leadership and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and agency/vendor partners to identify and implement market analyses, competitive benchmarking, and other key analyses to inform our lifecycle plans
- Collaborative work with clinical development and medical affairs to ensure a unified approach in new indications
- Lead and support governance committee submissions by providing commercial considerations and forecasts
- Update and provide input into core marketing team to ensure that go-to-market approaches have considered future new indication launch
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors’ degree in business, marketing, or science
- 8+ years of pharmaceutical experience, with leadership roles in specialty-product launch and lifecycle management
- 5+ years of Oncology marketing experience, ideally within Hematology
- Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate decisions in a cross-functional team
- Experience in implementing commercialization strategies across sales and marketing teams
- A deep understanding of the Oncology landscape in US, EU and APAC markets
- Strong, team-oriented leader with excellent communication skills and the ability to influence, lead, negotiate and work effectively at all levels within a matrix environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills to set direction, generate commitment, balance short and long term needs, constructively resolve issues
- A passion for healthcare and bringing medicines to market with a good ability to build relationships with integrity
- Experience of matrix working and influence at local and global level
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.