Data is at the heart of our mission to innovate how we operate and connect. We are building a specialized team in North America to work with our business units, IT, and senior leadership to rapidly transform data to information to insights to action. This is an outcome-driven team that owns the full lifecycle of data solutions from ideation to data acquisition, solution development, roll-out, and continuous improvement.
We are looking for a Head of Data & AI to lead and grow a talented team of analytics and data science professionals. This candidate will build strong working partnerships with business and technology leaders, formulate analytical strategies to solve business problems, and lead the iterative development of data-driven scalable solutions. The leader who takes on this role will be tasked with creating and managing a fast-growing team of rare expertise. The ideal candidate is not just an effective manager with an appreciation for organizational behaviors, but also a product evangelist and visionary who can spot trends and set long term goals. She/he will ensure understanding of the value that data can bring to our businesses and to support our vision of transformation. She/he will contribute to crafting the transformation roadmap with a clear view on Sodexo North America priorities and manage a portfolio of Data products, developed locally or at the global level.
This is a Remote Based role with periodic team office co-location.
The ideal candidate will reside in either the Dallas, TX or Irvine, CA regions.
Relocation Assistance may be available.
The successful candidate will impact the following areas:
- Strategy: Solution ideation including brainstorming with stakeholders, exploring data sources, building business cases
- Data ingestion including collecting and connecting disparate data sources, data transformation and preparation
- Data governance and quality supporting the deployment of the regional organization needed to secure data quality
- Solution prototyping including data analysis, wireframing, and “MVP” (minimum viable product) model development
- Solution iteration and validation including piloting use-cases with end users, adjusting original designs, adding features
- Deployment and scaling including hand-off with IT and business owners to industrialize, scale, and maintain
- Leading a team of data scientists, developers and data quality experts (~5 total to be hired in FY22) to co-execute the responsibilities above
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- A comprehensive technical toolkit to lead data acquisition, analytics, modeling, and solution design
- Strong business acumen to understand economic drivers and guide the development of business cases
- Deep experience developing successful analytics-based solutions to business problems
- Proven track record of solving ambiguous and highly complex data problems
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills to partner with and influence senior business and technology leaders
- Ability to lead and develop a high performing team while also working hands-on to deliver results
- Comfort thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Data Mining or other quantitative field preferred
This position will be responsible for leading and growing a team of analytics and data science professionals. The Vice President, Data & AI will build strong working partnerships with business and technology leaders, formulate analytical strategies to solve business problems, and lead the iterative development of data driven solutions.
15% – Solution ideation including brainstorming with stakeholders, exploring
data sources, building business cases.
10% – Data ingestion including collecting and connecting disparate data
sources, data transformation and preparation.
20% – Prototyping including data analysis, wireframing, and “MVP”
(minimum viable product) model development.
15% – Validation and iteration including piloting use-cases with end users,
adjusting original designs and adding features.
10% – Deployment and scaling including hand-off with IT and business
owners to industrialize, scale and maintain.
30% – Managing a team of data scientist and developers to co-execute the
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience: 10 years
Basic Functional Experience: 10 years
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.