Sodexo is looking for an extroverted and enthusiastic Community Relations Coordinator for a very high-profile role within a corporate client environment in Rahway, New Jersey. The role of Community Manager offers white glove customer service at different positions around the client campus. Community Managers are outgoing, positive and confident individuals who assist our clients in face-to-face interactions, email and phone conversations. They provide prompt, courteous and customer-oriented services to employees, contractors and visitors to our client campus. In this role, you will make recommendations; offer suggestions; design, execute and facilitate events; as well as fulfill varying in the moment-requests that exceed expectations for a frictionless workday. This position requires exemplary hospitality skills, knowledge of the local area, and availability to work a flexible Monday to Friday schedule.
Who You Are:
- Confident and outgoing
- Engaging personality
- Building meaningful relationships comes naturally to you
- Professional communicator with excellent written, listening and conversational skills
- Passionate about providing exceptional customer service
- Detail-oriented and passionate about exceeding expectations
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks daily
- Comfortable with computers and technology
- Greeting all visitors, clients and employees with enthusiasm and professionalism
- Responding to emails and requests in a timely and professional manner
- Support visitor processing, issue facility access cards and badges to employees & visitors
- Provide uncompromising service to employees by arranging personal and convenience services
- Assist with scheduling meeting rooms, assist administration or other departments on various tasks
- Handling facilities requests
- Greeting vendors/employees
- Helping with set-up and breakdown of event registration tables
- Ordering/delivering personal celebratory catering; and
- Ensuring common space cleanliness.
- Research and provide relevant information on campus events and community activities
- Participate in onsite events promoting amenity services and new initiatives, including help with set-up and breakdown of those events
- Hit monthly targeted goals assigned by the Onsite Manager
- Accountable for entering all documented data daily in the Circles record tracking system
- Project an approachable and professional image – always
- Promote meaningful relationships through engaging and informed conversation with employees via face to face interaction, phone and email
- Maintain a general understanding of events occurring in the local area
- Respond to employee requests in a professional, courteous and timely manner, without exception
- Collaborate on new ideas and initiatives with team members and your Onsite Manager
- Maintain a clean and organized working environment
- Consistently provide best in class customer service in a fast paced, structured environment
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- At least 1 year of hospitality and/or customer service experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or combination of experience and Associate’s degree/education)
- Demonstrated strong MS Office abilities including PowerPoint, Excel, and MS Word
- Knowledge of SalesForce CRM application, a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Active listening
- Desire for continuous learning
- Flexibility to adapt to changing tasks/priorities
- Reliable transportation
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
A Covid-19 Vaccination is required to work at this site.
Coordinates and supports programs to promote good will by disseminating information to employees and helping to match local community NGOs to Sodexo units that align with the community relations programs. Plans, coordinates, and communicates projects with vendors, marketing and operations that support Sodexo’s central focus of promoting employee engagement, the Sodexo brand, and departmental strategies.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience – 2 years of experience working in a corporate environment
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.