Our field sales professionals rely on proactive technical support during the sales process – and our expert Systems Engineering team always steps up to the mark. We lead the development and implementation of complex and specialized products, applications, services and solutions. From delivering sales presentations and product demonstrations, to developing detailed installations or system integration plans, we ensure customers get the innovative, relevant, interoperable solutions they need. Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as a Data Center Workload Solutions Architect on our HPC Presales team in Remote USA.
You will be part of the pre-sales team and will partner with the DCW Sales Specialist & Account Executives to ensure success within their territory and region. In addition, the person will be presenting at and participating in user events and internal training. This is a quota-carrying role along with a set of strategic MBOs that requires full partnership with the front line account teams to get their trust and that of the customer for rapidly growing and scaling the business to its fullest potential.
- Develop customer opportunities and design Dell’s HPC technical solutions to help secure the technical win.
- Work with the account team to qualify sales opportunities in terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision-making process and funding.
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Technical Marketing and Engineering during the development, launch and continued refinement of Dell HPC solutions.
- Establish and cultivate ongoing business relationships with customers and business partners to facilitate additional HPC business opportunities
- 5+ years of HPC experience in managing a HPC environment, pre-sales HPC engineering capacity. Experience with selling/consulting on HPC solutions targeted at various market verticals, such as higher education, federal, manufacturing, life sciences, oil & gas is a plus.
- Familiarity with HPC systems hardware architecture, network interconnect technologies and topologies and be able to effectively communicate the pros and cons to a prospect.
- Previous customer focused technical training experience related to workloads, applications and managing a HPC cluster a plus.
- Bachelors in Engineering, CS/MS/Business or related field equivalent
- Awareness of various HPC benchmarks like Linpack, Stream, SpecInt, SpecFP, PTRANS, NAMD, MM5 Weather Model etc.
- Have a basic working knowledge of parallel file systems like Lustre, GPFS , BeeGFS , ZFS, and various storage solutions used in HPC systems.
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.