The HR Generalist is a key member of the HR team supporting specific projects and providing operational, analytical, compliance and tactical services. The HR Generalist will provide support managers, individual contributors, and other entities. The scope of this role spans a broad range of work, including but not limited to talent management, workforce planning, compliance, organization structure, employee engagement and development, total rewards, and employee relations. This opportunity is hybrid and requires the HR Generalist to be on-site at our Lawrence, MA location a couple days of week.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides guidance on complex employee relations matters including but not limited to; corrective action, coaching, flexible work arrangement, feedback and performance management.
- Advises on HR policy and practices; Influences by building positive working relationships and partnerships.
- Supports managers in partnership with Talent Acquisition on the recruitment of talent including equity and compensation reviews to help ensure fair pay within the organization
- Provides reporting and analytics to support workforce planning, attrition, new hire analytics, and supporting reports related to business needs.
- Manages annual programs to include scheduling, execution, follow-up and employee support for compensation planning, performance reviews, etc.
- Supports job description development, job leveling and evaluation.
- Facilitates voluntary exits, involuntary separations and stay interviews.
- Assists colleagues, employees and managers as needed with the administration of leave of absences including FMLA, ADA and the interactive dialogue process.
- Partners with management to drive succession plans and developing internal talent
- Ability to work in a changing, complex and global environments
- Maintains, coordinates, and participates in employee engagement initiatives
- Document SOPs as needed and maintains the HR SharePoint up to date for Services
- Perform other related duties as assigned or needed
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent work experience
- AND a minimum of two years of HR experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or equivalent work experience
- 1 year of HRIS Experience
- Professional demeanor and team player
- Bilingual: Spanish OR Haitian Creole is a plus!
- Must be able to travel as business requires
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- Ability to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.