As part of the HR Operations function, this role contributes to our success by administering/developing our global mobility, immigration, and HR compliance programs; as well as providing sound reasoned advice to HR, business leaders, and relevant employees across these knowledge areas.
The successful candidate will have the professional or academic background that is necessary for deep understanding of the full spectrum of immigration related employment topics, as well as some experience/knowledge of global mobility needs and/or HR compliance (HR policy requirements, OFFCP/EEOC reporting and auditing, etc.) – or the ability and desire to immediately engage with self-directed learning on these topics.
- End-to-end management of our global mobility programs including expatriate and relocation programs. Ensure policies are contemporized and reflect best practices that support the mobility goals of our businesses
- Establish operational processes that ensure the secure, accurate and timely administration of expatriate assignments and relocations. Monitor service delivery by internal and external service providers, ensuring assignment commitments are met and result in a positive employee experience. Monitor expat and relocation cases and expense, and provide quarterly updates to HR leadership.
- Identify and manage external service providers to support expatriate and relocation services, including assignment consulting, tax management and visa administration. Ensure quality services are provided at a market-competitive cost.
- Provide oversight to U.S. visa management, with some direct immigration support activity required, as well as managing relationships with our immigration legal services provider. Manage U.S. visa policies and external service provider relationships. Provide instruction and ensure HR Shared Services staff members are equipped to administer cases compliantly. Address complex cases in need of escalation.
- Manage our US Affirmative Action plan. Liaise with external service provider to ensure timely development and filing of Affirmative Action plans. Collaborate with Talent Acquisition and Talent Management functions in support of fulfilling Affirmative Action plan goals. Collaborate with Legal to respond to audits, as needed.
- Provide project-management for our annual EEO/VETS filings, as well as any state agency compliance auditing needs. Liaise with HRIM to ensure our Workday system is prepared to generate accurate and on-time filings. Collaborate with HR team members to address any data issues ahead of the filing deadline.
- Partner with the Director, HR Operations to support preparation for Compliance Committee meetings and reports.
- Participate in planning and implementation of acquisition and divestiture projects. Collaborate with M&A teams to ensure effective on-boarding of employees joining the company via acquisition and their transition to company policies and payroll.
- Develop, draft and maintain PerkinElmer’s HR policies applicable to the US as well as HR policies that are global in application. Work across the HR function, with Legal and external firms, as needed, to develop and maintain compliant HR policies that are structured to best fit the needs of our growing businesses.
- Establish and manage the HR policy repository and the avenues through which policy information is shared with employees and managers. Ensure the US Employee Handbook is updated as required and at least annually. Ensure HR policy repositories are maintained in accordance with sound document control processes.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure HR policy information and policy changes are easily accessible by all stakeholders and through a variety of platforms such as new hire orientation, our internal portal, and distribution through our Learning Management System.
- Any and all other tasks as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 12+ years of related experience, including at least 2-5 years of immigration support
- Master’s degree preferred
- Strong project management skills necessary, including high levels of organization, process orientation, and the ability to influence without authority.
- Ability to effectively communicate programs and concepts at all levels (from front-line employee to senior leaders)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions and geographies
- Ability to provide valued customer service support to relevant employees
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.