NOTE: Waltham, MA is also a viable location if candidate is willing to commute more than 50% of the time to the Hopkinton location.
The position serves as a trusted advisor and partner to management on strategic and tactical human resource-related issues as part of the HR Team. The successful HR Business Partner is able to positively influence and impact the organization by building strong relationships and offering out-of-the-box/innovative solutions as a problem solver, develops a deep understanding of the business, and has a solid HR acumen. This fast-paced role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs and works proactively with our clients’ HR department, business management, and HR Centers of Excellence (COEs) to ensure effective execution of programs and initiatives. As a trusted advisor supporting multiple leaders, the chosen candidate will be adept at working with both local and remote groups.
Major activities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing guidance on complex employee relations matters including but not limited to; corrective action, coaching, flexible work arrangement, feedback and performance management
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Providing day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Providing HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Reporting and analytics to support workforce planning, attrition, new hire analytics, and supporting reports related to business needs
- First point of contact for Workday system related assistance or questions
- Project management of annual programs to include scheduling, execution, follow-up and employee support for compensation planning, performance reviews, etc.
- Support job description development, job leveling and evaluation. Supports managers in partnership with Talent Acquisition on the recruitment of talent including equity and compensation reviews to help ensure fair pay within the organization
- Special Projects, assist other HRBPs with organizational training initiatives, assist in the review and update of HR policy and procedures, participate on various committees as assigned and help with data auditing and other compliance needs for business.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or needed.
- Authorization to work in the US for any employer without requiring further sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources preferred
- Must have 5 years of strong generalist experience
- Prior experience working with HRIS systems
- Effective presentation skills; Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Actively pursues continuous improvement in processes
- Professional demeanor and team player
- Solid understanding of employment laws, employee relations and employee engagement
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Workday HR system knowledge a plus
- Flexible and adaptable to competing priorities
Minorities and Women are encouraged to apply.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.