- Provides guidance on complex employee relations matters including but not limited to; corrective action, coaching, flexible work arrangement, feedback and performance management
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Reporting and analytics to support workforce planning, attrition, new hire analytics, and supporting reports related to business needs
- First point of contact for Workday system related assistance or questions
- Project management of annual programs to include scheduling, execution, follow-up and employee support for compensation planning, performance reviews, etc.
- Support job description development, job leveling and evaluation. Supports managers in partnership with Talent Acquisition on the recruitment of talent including equity and compensation reviews to help ensure fair pay within the organization
- On/ Off-boarding, provide onboarding details, support, welcome letters. Help facilitate voluntary exits, involuntary separations, provides coaching to managers on onboarding & backfill process. Lead restructuring process. Prepare costing calculations for employment related actions, ensure points of contacts with employees are made for new employees & exits across full Americas Dx population
- Assist other colleagues, employees and managers as needed with the administration of leave of absences including FMLA, ADA and the interactive dialogue process; will generate letters in accordance with established templates.
- Participate in employee engagement initiatives across specified sites / locations
- Special Projects, assist HRBPs with organizational training initiatives, assist in the review and update of HR policy and procedures, participate on various committees as assigned and help with data auditing and other compliance needs for business.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or needed.
- Authorization to work in the US for any employer without requiring further sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have 2-3+ years of generalist experience
- 2+ years of prior experience working with HRIS systems a must
- Effective presentation skills; Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Actively pursues continuous improvement in processes
- Professional demeanor and team player
- Solid understanding of employment laws, employee relations and employee engagement
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Workday HR system knowledge a plus;
- Flexible and adaptable to competing priorities
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.