Human Resources Manager 2
SodexoMAGIC is seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager 2 for Morgan State University located in Baltimore, MD. The Human Resources Manager will work closely with the management team, as well as, the frontline staff of roughly 165 employees at the unit day-to-day. The HR Manager will lead and direct the routine onsite human resources functions in Dining Services. This role will support the Operations Team with such tasks as maintaining service records for all departments, processing payroll and enforcing, coaching, and training frontline staff in company policies and practices. This role will be highly involved in training, presentations, coaching/documentation, hiring efforts, employee engagement, and retention strategies.
There are typically more than 8,000 students on campus. Sodexo manages resident dining, retail, catering and concessions operations.
Students today are constantly on the go, expecting healthier dining choices, excellent service and lots of flexibility for where and when they choose to eat. We understand students and meet their ever-changing needs. That is why Sodexo Education is the leading campus dining provider, serving more than 600 higher education campuses throughout the country.
The successful candidate will:
- have an HR Generalist background
- act as a customer service representative, addressing employee’s inquiries and issues
- research complex benefits payroll deductions
- research and process overpayment of benefits refunds to term employees
- process, distribute and track incoming mail
- manage all HR Representative, Employee and Management inquiries sent to the Benefits Operations Email on a timely manner
- make recommendations for plan modifications and/or vendor selection or retention based on vendor customer service record, participant’s complaints, etc.
- assist with Annual Enrollment for all Health and Welfare plans
- assist with testing for Annual Enrollment and other plan implementations as necessary; and/or
- track time attendance
- complete other duties as assigned by management.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have strong time management and organizational skills
- work well independently and as part of a team
- understand and respect sensitive and confidential information
- have excellent computer skills with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- communicate in a clear, effective and respectful manner whether via phone, email or in person
- exhibit business maturity and professionalism; and/or
- have the ability to manage competing priorities and meet time demands.
Handles human resource functions and administration for a single unit/account. May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Education managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience – 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year of HR experience
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.