Human Resources Manager 3
Sodexo’s Airport Lounge Segment is seeking a Human Resources Manager for the private airport lounge locations we manage for our valued client, Delta. This position will work with our Delta Sky Club operations teams in the eastern district. This is a Remote Role, but candidates must reside within commute distance to JFK or LGA airport. Travel requirement up to 25%.
These upscale, customer service-focused venues provide food, beverage, guest services and appearance care services to the Delta Sky Club members and our airline clients. As the Human Resources Manager, you will assist the management team in these club locations, providing front-line staff recruitment, payroll/attendance tracking, assistance to the General Manager with union matters, employee recognition programs/engagement, employee coaching/counseling/documentation, performance management, employee retention support, new hire onboarding, employee relations, oversight of the badging process, training and other administrative duties/projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a Human Resources management background within a hospitality environment, including training, recruiting front-line staff, with a focus on food and beverage or restaurant/hotel operations. Training programs will include: customer service, food safety (ServSafe), safe alcohol service and appearance care (custodial).
In the hospitality industry, our employees are everything. At Sodexo, we seek the best of the best. The Human Resources Manager knows how to roll up their sleeves, foster an inclusive work environment and go the extra mile to support our employees, clients and customers!
- Handles human resource functions, up to complex issues and administration for single or multi-unit/account(s). May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce and may or may not include union accounts.
- Key Duties
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Educate managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
– Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience – 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 2 years in HR
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.