Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference in the communities we serve! SodexoMAGIC is a joint Sodexo/ Magic Johnson venture. SodexoMAGIC promises to empower the communities we serve by offering best-in-class food & facilities management solutions, which create a positive impact and make a difference in the lives of our clients and customers. SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated service via the following Sodexo segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools, Universities.
Sodexo Aviation is seeking a Human Resources Manager 3 for the private airport lounge locations we manage for our valued Airline clients at Hartsfield International Airport.
These upscale, customer service-focused venues provide food, beverage, guest and appearance care services to the club members and our airline clients.
The successful candidate will:
- recruit and onboard frontline hires utilizing recruitment, onboarding and payroll systems;
- possess knowledge of state and federal HR laws;
- drive employee engagement and employee recognition programs;
- coach, counsel and maintain documentation for success;
- support employee relations;
- be involved in performance management and provide retention support;
- maintain active and terminated employee files;
- oversee and direct other Human Resources staff;
- have prior union management experience;
- possess excellent customer service skills for phone conversations and email responses;
- possess strong time management and organizational skills;
- work well independently and as part of a team;
- understand and respect sensitive and confidential information;
- have excellent computer skills with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as the ability to learn additional computer programs as needed;
- complete special projects based on business needs regarding human resources data and analysis; and/or
- demonstrate the ability to manage competing priorities and meet time demands.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who are:
- fluent in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Teams) and Smartsheet;
- human resources savvy supporting a large frontline employee base;
- strategic thinkers and effective communicators;
- detail oriented, flexible, and have ability to manage multiple priorities; and/or
- have excellent organization and attention to detail.
Handles human resource functions, up to complex issues and administration for single or multi-unit/account(s). May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce and may or may not include union accounts.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Education managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Management Experience – 2 years
- Basic Functional Experience – 2 years in HR
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.