Identity & Access Management (IAM) Engineer
Identity & Access Management (IAM) Engineer
This position will perform the daily management of the Okta Identity and Access Management (IAM) platform, including all aspects of identity management, application management, directory integrations, and Workflow development. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in delivering identity solutions that are functional, secure, scalable, and reliable. As a member of a small team in a fast-paced environment, this role will require both strong intellectual agility and hands-on technical skills. This role will report into our Headquarters in San Diego. Candidates must be open to relocating to the area.
This position will be part of a growing Identity and Access Management (IAM) team that manages a number of enterprise wide tools, covering the areas of Identity as a Service: Identity lifecycle management (WorkDay, Okta), Access Certification, Privileged Access Management, Single Sign On (SSO), MFA etc.
- Drive the evolution of our Okta environment through optimization and new workflow creation
- Enable the rapid business adoption of technology through the development of innovative identity and access management solutions.
- Create a delightful access experience by applying principles of process simplification and design, reducing or eliminating friction in maintaining a secure and compliant environment.
- Be a hero to support and operational organizations, relieving their burdens through the implementation of end-to-end automation for IAM processes, while providing guidance and support as a trusted SME
- Work with internal and external application support teams to extend the use of our identity solutions
- Implement and support a Privileged Access Management (PAM) solution
- Own identity problem resolution from end to end
- Provide 24×7 support as needed for emergency situations and planned maintenance activities
- Develop and maintain quality documentation relating to IAM, PAM, and related deployments and operations.
- Plan and manage project tasks, schedules and resources related to identity solution deployments
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Okta
- 3+ years of experience working with IAM or PAM systems
- Experience with various Identity and Access management concepts and technologies.
- Experience must include Identity Governance and Administration and Privileged Access Management.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience with any well-known SIEM application
- 1+ years of Active Directory Group Policy management
- Competency with one or more scripting or programming languages such as Python, PowerShell, Bash, or R
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Hands on experience with a major cloud platform, such as AWS or Azure
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and System and Organization Controls (SOC) Level 3 and CyberSecurity
Condition of Employment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, BioLegend requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning January 18, 2022.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.