PerkinElmer Genomics is looking for an Inside Account Specialist with a health sciences and/or genomics background and enjoys working with customers of all types. The role involves engaging and qualifying customers and working as part of a cross functional team that includes marketing, enterprise solutions, customer service and field sales to achieve sales objectives. This role facilitates increased territory efficiency by prospecting, overseeing new client set-up, addressing client inquiries, and maintaining client relationships. This is a remote, entry level position and ideal for someone who is looking to grow their career in biotech/laboratory sales.
- Develop a strong understanding and knowledge of PerkinElmer Genomics’ portfolio of products
- Meet sales targets and customer adoption objectives through phone and email communications with opportunities
- Make outbound contact with existing and prospective customers to identify sales opportunities
- Point person for client problem solving, tracking issues and complex situations
- Responsible for qualifying assigned leads, develop account profiles and conduct follow up
- Work effectively in a team environment to drive and create revenue opportunities
- Set up, curate and update CRM and LIMS data for field sales
- Manage customer relationships pre- and post-sale, including a coordinated strategy with your team to develop long term business relationships
- Cold call potential customers to drive marketing campaigns
- Coordinate meetings/lunches for field sales as requested
- Assist with vacant territories and territories open due to time off or leave
- Additional duties as assigned
- Associates Degree
- 2+ years of experience in customer-facing sales
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry
- Commitment to representing the company with professional and high standards.
- Ability to manage relationships under stress and meet assigned deadlines while maintaining enthusiasm and perseverance
- Ability to multitask and juggle coordinating several activities simultaneously and working with multiple team members at once.
- Good communication, interpersonal and listening skills are required
- Self-motivated with a customer-centric, service-oriented, mindset
- Must possess solid critical thinking skills and be able to anticipate and solve problems in a systematic manner
- CRM (Salesforce) and Microsoft Office experience preferred
- Ability to travel approximately 20%
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.