His position is responsible for supporting Horizon’s sales team and commercial objectives by building customer relationships and generating sales leads and opportunities. The position works closely with Horizon’s field sales team, supporting colleagues and customers by generating quotes for their research reagents and experiments. In addition the inside sales rep remotely manages their own territory in the US region, building relationships with their customer base and growing sales in their defined region.
- Responsibility to deliver on the sales revenue and commercial activity for assigned US territory, working together with your team lead and manager to establish/execute a strategic plan that supports the growth of the business
- Contacts existing or potential customers directly by phone or email to evaluate and qualify leads and generate opportunities Generates and issues quotations for standard products and services & answers questions on product pricing
- Fields basic questions about our scientific products, which are used in many cell and molecular biology techniques
- Answers phone calls, emails & on-line chat from customers who have requested sales contact, providing first response to customers & routing to other teams when necessary
- Partners with Marketing, Product Management and Field Sales teams to initiate and coordinate marketing campaigns and other lead generation activities
- Records customer interactions, leads, and opportunities into Horizon’s CRM system & ensures accuracy of customer data
- Undertakes relevant project work and additional responsibilities as appropriate and agreed with team lead and the Global Head of Customer Services
Bachelor’s degree in Biology
- Sales experience
- Experience working with customers
This is a hybrid role, 2 days in office, Tuesdays and Wednesdays and three days remote. The office is located in Lafayette, CO. Occasional travel may be required
The salary range for this role is 48,000 – 53,000 plus commission. This is the good faith range we believe is possible compensation for this role at the time of posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.