Are you interested in being a trusted consultant/advisor and insight discovery expert for the Medical Affairs Global Medical Franchise? If so, the Insights Lead – Global Medical position might be for you!
As Insights Lead – Global Medical, you will be supporting the Global Lead for Insights in designing, maintaining and evolving an effective global medical way of working for the utilization of insight from patients, healthcare providers and regulators into early and late development stage. The Insights Lead brings together a holistic summary of insights for prioritized assets across global activities and top priority LOCs/regions with a key focus on Global strategy.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Support the coordination of a matrix team of Insights Leads and/or Champions aligned and co-located with priority LOCs/Regions/markets of focus. Ensure application of best practices, standards, and approaches for consistent, localized insight discovery for effective synthesis at a global level.
- Champion standard insight approaches, frameworks, and analytics methods to uncover true customer insights based on the customer insight definition (i.e. not just data points or observations) and ensure standard application within the Insight Lead team.
- Develop a deep understanding of the therapeutic area (TA) of focus and the prioritized assets within the TA including in-depth knowledge of the assets/products and strategies; Develop knowledge of the priority LOCs/Regions for local environment context when synthesizing insights at a global level.
- Understand and synthesize multiple findings from disparate sources including from real world data, reporting metrics (e.g. MSL engagement data), voice of the customer (from advisory boards, market research, social media, etc.) to present a holistic and integrated picture at a global level to identify opportunities and influence action;
- Partner with the Data Science and Analytics team to scope important global questions, develop analysis plans, and help interpret analytical findings in the context of the TA/asset of focus. Review findings with the Asset Medical Team to pressure test global level findings given localized contributions and capture global findings/potential insights for review and validation with global medical experts.
- Mature findings to insights by facilitating discussions with the global Medical matrix team to uncover globally relevant customer motivations, beliefs, and needs (including recommending additional analyses to supplement findings).
- Develop and maintain a global insights log appropriately integrating and weighting insights from priority LOCs/Regions for global insight review; Actively lead the articulation of insights within key strategic forums at a global level; Ensure that insight priorities are captured along with appropriate actions and owners for follow through.
- Ensure that the global insight log is up to date as a valuable, critical resource and “one source of truth” for global insights. Champion the use of the insights log within the TA/Global Medical Franchise/GMAL to review key findings and insights for decision making forums and emerging opportunities.
- Partner closely with the GMALs to enable and drive Global Medical decisions and strategies and for key input into pipeline/development workstreams. Build strong partnerships with Asset Commercial team for the opportunity to share insights as appropriate as well as other areas within R&D. Build strong partnerships with the other Insights Leads at Global level to share best practices and learn from challenges to further embed the end to end insights process at a Global level.
- Lead and execute certain types of analytics at a global level as needed such as market research studies, findings from voice of customer sources using analytic tools/technology to dig deeper into opportunities or specific findings, and industry trend reports (e.g. benchmarking, findings from syndicated studies to integrate, etc.)
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- MA/MS/PhD in Medical or applied quantitative sciences discipline
- 8-10 years’ experience (including 3+ years in healthcare) in quantitative analysis related fields applying analytics and insights for business decisions (research, analytics, forecasting, etc.)
- Experience in Pharmaceuticals/Medical Field
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Specific training and customer insight discovery certifications through customer insight programs, etc.
- Understanding of high performing Medical Affairs organizations and customer dynamics/experience in the evolving and rapidly changing healthcare environment.
- Experience in R&D, Medical Affairs, Healthcare consulting and customer facing roles
- Experience leading virtual teams
- Mastery of relevant analytical concepts and frameworks
- Ability to understand and synthesize across multiple types of datasets and findings
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.