Intellectual Property Paralegal
Join us as a Paralegal on our Intellectual Property Legal team in the United States (100% remote) to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
As an Intellectual Property (IP) Paralegal, you will assist Dell’s IP Legal team in providing a full range of IP support functions, particularly domain name, trademark, and copyright portfolio development, managing IP disputes, managing outside counsel and other essential vendors, and client counseling.
- Manage a domain name portfolio of several thousand names in both gTLDs and ccTLDs; including registering, renewing, and transferring domain names as well as obtaining and maintaining SSL certificates, establishing redirections, and liaising with Cybersecurity team on security issues;
- Represent intellectual property team on company-wide policy-making bodies concerning domain names and related issues;
- Support IP enforcement activities, including anti-cybersquatting, anti-counterfeiting, trademark, and copyright enforcement, and liaising with domain name dispute resolution service providers, Customs officers, outside brand protection vendors, and ecommerce marketplace sites
- Assist with managing and tracking budgets and accruals and administrative set up of new matters and vendors, including tracking of outside counsel billing and invoices
- Assist in the preparation, filing, prosecution, and maintenance of U.S. and foreign trademark and copyright applications, manage docketing and databases to track same, and liaise among attorneys, in-house clients (including marketing and product development clients), and outside firms
- Conduct trademark searches, review watch notices, and manage domain name registrations as needed
- Run reports from databases as may be requested or needed
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 5+ years of broad IP paralegal experience in either an in-house legal department or law firm
- Experience with managing domain name portfolios and working with registrars and domain name dispute resolution providers
- Highly proficient knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, and trademark docketing software (e.g. WebTMS)
- Ability to work independently with minimal attorney supervision on a variety of projects simultaneously, with excellent customer service skills, attention to detail, high ethical standards, and responsiveness
- Flexible in accepting new roles and responsibilities
- College degree or paralegal certification
- Experience with TyMetrix 360 a plus
- Experience with patents and IP litigation a plus
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.