As a Biopharmaceuticals Investigator, you will be responsible for building and enhancing biopharmaceutical expertise to be further embedded in the business. You will be involved in all aspects of the development of purification processes including initial process screening, optimization and characterization, scale-up and tech transfer to clinical manufacturing and/or commercial manufacturing partners for therapeutic proteins including monoclonal antibodies, domain antibodies and antibody-drug conjugates. Your primary focus will be on the bench-scale laboratory development of purification unit operations such as column chromatography (affinity, ion exchange, HIC, RP, etc.), ultrafiltration, depth filtration and continuous centrifugation.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Work within a team environment to design and execute protein purification experiments and interpret data, and work with other team members to integrate results into process designs and overall project plans
- Manage efforts across multiple projects
- Maintain written standards for critical biopharm systems.
- Provide solutions to enable governance for critical workflows.
- Lead project to establish and maintain platform for automated decision-making.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Chemistry; or Master’s degree with 5-8 years of similar experience; or, Bachelor’s degree with 8 or more years of similar experience.
- Extensive theoretical and practical understanding in protein purification and protein chemistry.
- Ability to apply expertise to identify and evaluate new technologies for process development
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Expert in protein purification and process development
- Demonstrated record of scientific achievement and a broad and integrated knowledge of the field.
- Knowledge of continuous processing is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a project team.
- A developing understanding of regulatory standards (viral safety, process validation, GxP, etc.)
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.