The single cell genomics scientist will work in a scientific team that performs a wide range of NGS-based genomics and epigenomics experiments as part of the Omics department.
They will develop, optimize and implement cutting-edge single cell genomics, epigenomics and transcriptomics methods to identify and validate novel targets and characterize the mode of action of novel drugs in various disease models. They will collaborate closely with scientists from different disciplines in functional genomics and research units as well as lead matrix teams.
We are looking for a talented, motivated and collaborative scientist, who combines exceptional scientific and wet lab/data analysis skills with team spirit. We require a PhD in life sciences with a strong background in single cell genomics/transcriptomics and NGS workflows. The ideal candidate possesses the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment, to clearly communicate research findings in cross-functional project team meetings.
- Plan, design, and execute single cell genomics, epigenomics and transcriptomics experiments
- Strongly contribute to data analysis and biological interpretation of the single cell data alongside with scientist from the computational biology group
- Develop and implement novel capabilities in NGS-based single cell technologies,
- Ensure high NGS-data quality generation
- Work closely with other FxG groups to characterize disease-relevant cellular assays and run functional screens with single cell genomics readouts
- Work closely with Research Unit Teams to conceive, design and execute high quality single cell genomics experiments
- Identify and participate in the establishment as well as in the scientific management of academic collaborations with the goal of leveraging and internalizing external innovation
- Ensure quality and transparency in all work.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD in molecular/cellular biology, immunology, cancer biology, or a related discipline
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience in setting up and executing single cell genomics and transcriptomics assays
- Familiarity with cell culture methods
- Data analysis skills
- Scientific track record of credibility in the development and application of genomics technologies to target and biomarker discovery, or systems biology
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in bulk cell genomics/transcriptomics experiments from cell-isolation to library-preparation
- Familiarity with primary cell isolation and cultivation
- Experience in immunology and/or oncology research
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.