Are you a highly motivated scientific professional with experience in cellular and molecular Immunology? If so, the Investigator role may be right for you!
In this laboratory-based position, you will support early drug discovery projects with a focus on developing new experimental approaches to interrogate the pharmacology of novel modulators of innate immune targets. The selected candidate will be expected to possess excellent communication and organizational skills, present results at project team meetings and mentor junior scientists.
- MS degree with 8+ years of pharmaceutical laboratory experience in Immunology, Pharmacology, and Molecular Biology or PhD degree in Immunology or related field with 5+ years post-doctoral experience and a strong record of scientific publication.
- Ability to independently design experiments and deliver results in a timely fashion.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present results to multidisciplinary matrix teams, project leaders and senior management.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet timelines while maintaining attention to detail and setting high performance standards.
- Flexible, focused, enthusiastic, and highly motivated.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and communicate complex scientific data.
- Excellent record keeping and organizational skills.
- Strong understanding of cellular and molecular biology techniques and flexibility to adopt new technologies.
- Experience with animal models of inflammatory disease, primary cell culture and multi-color flow cytometry.
- Independent, self-starting and supportive of team-based research.
- Previous experience in biotech and/or pharmaceutical drug discovery
- Strong understanding of drug discovery processes, including small/large molecule development.
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.