As a member of CornerStone’s Portfolio Management Team, the Investment Analyst/Associate will support the management of client portfolios with analytics, facilitating data-driven portfolio and risk management decisions and fulfilling client reporting needs.
The successful Investment Analyst/Associate will master existing processes, proactively recommend and implement improvements, and, over time, will become an expert and leader on the Investment Team in portfolio management.
Future growth opportunities could include playing a role in improving efficiencies around data collection and use, and supporting a manager of managers platform. In addition to functional training, we support a variety of continuing education opportunities, including financial support of the CFA Program.
This position has flexibility regarding location with a requirement to spend time periodically meeting in the office in Charlottesville.
Upon completion of training, the Analyst/Associate will have a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- Maintaining CornerStone’s exposure management system and generating related reporting
- Supporting portfolio management needs across asset classes and clients, with a particular focus facilitating transactions with public market investment managers
- Providing market analysis across asset classes, regions, and financial instruments
- Assisting with asset allocation modelling
- Special projects, such as:
- Researching portfolio management topics (e.g., expanding our use of derivatives for managing exposures and liquidity)
- Supporting content creation for clients on portfolio-related topics (e.g., maintaining purchasing power)
- Adding new/improved analysis to exposure reports
Attributes of the Successful Candidate
- Enjoys working with data
- Intellectually curious
- Interest in investing/portfolio management and data analytics/systems
- Some quantitative/analytical background
- Understanding of basic finance/economics
- Advanced Excel skills; proficient in PowerPoint and Word
- 1+ year of work experience (note: investment experience not specifically required)
- Minimum BA, BS or equivalent
CornerStone Partners is a dynamic, growth-oriented firm committed to developing a diverse and equitable workforce.
We are an outsourced investment office (OCIO) located in Charlottesville, Virginia. Our clients rely on the returns generated by their investment portfolios to fund their missions in health, education, conservation, and building and improving communities. They hire CornerStone to manage their investment program, including full-scale back-office operational and administrative support.
collaborate closely with each Client to tailor and establish an investment policy and asset allocation framework to meet their organization's unique needs and financial considerations.
is to develop a diversified, long-term investment portfolio that is well integrated with the institution's broader mission and strategy. All Clients are non/not-for-profit institutions with missions in education, healthcare, conservation, or improving access to resources in their local communities.
December 1, 2020, CornerStone Partners joined the Focus Financial Partners, Inc. partnership. Focus is a leading partnership of independent, fiduciary wealth management firms. CornerStone will further diversify Focus's partnership and complement the existing focus on the ultra-high net worth client segment. Focus partner firms maintain their operational independence and benefit from the synergies, scale, economics and best practices offered by Focus to achieve their business objectives. For more information about Focus, please visit focusfinancialpartners.com.