The responsibilities of this role include:
- Staff teams with needed skills to deliver highest priority work.
- Coach and mentor team members to develop skills and enable them to remove impediments.
- Establish and drive development plans for team members.
- Develop and manage training strategy and plans to improve team’s ability to deliver.
- Drive improvements that address common obstacles to improve performance of teams.
- Assess project roadmaps and drive short and long term actions to address skills and capacity planning.
- Participate in establishing sourcing from 3rd party vendors to create capacity flexibility and scalability.
- Oversee and manage standard team performance metrics and reporting.
- Establish mechanisms that drive continuous improvement in team performance ensuring cross-team sharing of best practices
- Collaborate with PPMO to evolve standard processes
- Drive change adoption of standard processes
- Collaborate with Enterprise Architecture to shape technology landscape and ensure Solution Architects and teams understand the future desired landscape and are driving solutions in that direction
- Collaborate and participate with Delivery colleagues to establish coding, testing, and documentation standards and ensure teams are adopting and adhering to defined practices
- A Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business, or related.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience managing software development teams in a global IT organization.
- Experience managing software development team in an agile development environment, specifically scrum and Kanban.
- Experience managing production support development in a large IT organization, with demonstrated success of root cause assessment to drive down volume of support requests.
- Demonstrated experience in driving change adoption and continuous improvement
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Software delivery execution or management experience in a Life Sciences or related business context.
- Leading a global team with distributed team members across multiple continents and time zones.
- Full understanding of software lifecycle management.
- Strong facilitation, influencing and negotiation skills as well as emotional maturity.
- Proven ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Experience partnering with vendors and consultants on both a project and ongoing basis.
- Experience in S4 Hana preferred
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.