The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Java Software Engineer on our PowerProtect Data Management (PPDM) product team to do the best work of your career.
What you’ll achieve
Dell’s PowerProtect Data Management (PPDM) product is a scalable, software/appliance-based solution for centralized management of enterprise level customer Data. You will join the PPDM Identity and Access Management (IAM) team. This team develops critical key components supporting the Identity and Access Management of our product. Please note this position is fully remote at this time. Following the reopening of the Dell offices, we anticipate you will work onsite 2-3 days a week with our team in our Irvine, CA office.
- Design, develop, and maintain Disaster Recovery software using Java and Spring Framework technologies
- Participate in architecture discussions and reviews
- Participate in milestone demos and constructively weigh and integrate feedback from Product Designers and customers
- Work in a distributed-team environment
- Work closely with other development teams, QA, and customer support
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- 2+ years of experience as a Java engineer
- Knowledge of, or experience with REST API’s and Spring
- Solid programming skills and knowledge of OOD and OOP
- Ability to adopt new technologies quickly and work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Experience debugging and testing distributed system applications (client/server applications)
- Understanding or knowledge of security concepts (authentication, authorization, signing, encryption, SSL/TLS, SSH/SFTP, PKI, X509 certificates and PGP) and/or network/application protocols and their associated security implications (TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, SSH, DNS, etc.)
Here at Dell Technologies, We believe progress sits at the intersection of humanity and technology. That’s why we are committed to driving human progress and transforming lives with world-class technologies. Through our reach, technology, and people we strive to create a positive and lasting impact on humankind and the planet. By joining us, you can be part of the team that is maximizing time to value our products and solutions for our customers, partners, and team members.
We have opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that fosters innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re made up of strong, smart people dedicated to doing their best work and driving success for our customers. We Are Ready For You.
Learn more about our opportunities below and find a career that inspires you.
By 2030, 50% of our global workforce and 40% of our global people leaders will be women, 25% of our U.S. workforce and 15% of our U.S. people leaders will be black/African American and Hispanic/Latino minorities, and 50% of the people empowered by our social and education initiatives will be girls, women or underrepresented groups
Dell's team members are an incredible force focused on building a greater level of involvement in our global diversity practices across our business. Our highest aspirations reflect how we’ll make our positive social impact real and measurable.