Are you highly self-motivated, forward-thinking and like to explore new ways of applying existing and new technologies to solve Business problems ? Do you understand the importance of prioritising according to business value and can communicate with stakeholders ? Do you have an interest in applying modern technology to GSKs R&D Business Operations, to enable GSK to derive greater insights, reduce risk and optimise cost and timelines? If so, this role is for you.
R&D Tech strive to deliver products and services to our R&D customers that meet the needs of the business whilst being intuitive, efficient, effective and satisfying to use. We require a Junior Product Designer with an interest in business- and user-centred analysis, and an appreciation for design and process improvement, to join our Product Team. They will help deliver better user experiences and business processes within our application portfolio, identifying opportunities to improve systems and processes whilst advocating a user-centred focus within Agile ways of working.
GSK R&D is led by science. Science is driving an ever-increasing variance and complexity across R&D and its related approaches to planning, sourcing, partnerships and alliances. This presents great opportunity for Tech enablement via investments in modern platform technologies and Digital applications, across GSKs Pharma and Vaccines organisations.
The Business Operations product family within R&D Tech addresses the business needs of the Strategy, Planning, and Operations (SP&O) group, R&D Finance, R&D governance bodies, portfolio managers, Business Development, and Third-party Risk & Oversight. Technology aligned to this area will cover the breadth of acquiring, managing and transforming operational data pertinent to planning and managing R&D programs. That includes all three main elements of program and project management cost, FTE resource, and timelines for both plans and actual spend/achievement. Additionally, the product landscape will address portfolio management and scenario planning tools and tools required to support external partnership. Overall, we aspire to equip R&D leaders everywhere with the essential details of upcoming project needs and resource demand so that trade-off decisions can be made nimbly in support of the evolving portfolio.
The Junior Product Designer role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include the following:
- Helping to optimise the delivery of business value through business partnering, process improvement, user research and user-centred design.
- Co-ordinating user research activities within the R&D customer base of this product area.
- Obtaining an understanding of the business domain and processes within a product area, capturing user goals, needs and expectations and helping to translate these into personas, journeys and user stories that help drive towards improvements.
- Co-ordinating and helping to plan experience design activities, aimed at improving user interfaces and task flows through wireframing, prototyping and ideation workshops.
- Working closely with other Product Designers and the Product Owner and other members of the product team, with a clear focus on delivering value quickly while helping to steer the product area towards business- and user-centred improvements.
- Engaging with the R&D Tech UX & Design Team to support the maturity of UX and Design across R&D Tech, specifically working with other UX practitioners and sharing experiences.
- This role is accountable for ensuring that the relevant ITMS / Agile for GxP Business Analysis deliverables are delivered and maintained in a timely manner and to appropriate quality
- The position involves communication to individual contributors, lower management and external partners across R&D Tech to apply product analysis and design in a business context with deep analytical and meaningful insights.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Awareness of the IT industry, of software analysis, design and delivery, and an appreciation of the User Experience (UX) space, particularly areas of user research, experience design and service design
- Passion for the software design and delivery (both analytical and technical) along with interest in the UX space
- Completion of education to UK A-Levels or country specific equivalent
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Bachelor Degree
- 0-2 years experience in the R&D field.
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.