Lab Computing Analyst
PerkinElmer’s purpose is to enable scientists, researchers, and clinicians to address their most critical challenges across science and healthcare. With a mission focused on innovating for a healthier world, we deliver unique solutions to serve the diagnostics, life sciences, food and environmental markets.
- Implements, monitors and provides technical support of customer laboratory IT environments, typically integrated with instrumentation
- Implements customer specified benchtop computing design and processes
- Administers and assures connectivity of customer’s Windows based platform
- Maintains and supports the operating system, desktop hardware and peripherals, enterprise print strategy, management tools, application packaging, desktop tool development, software distribution, and core desktop applications
- Manage On-boarding, retirement and relocation of equipment
- Implements Windows based security, including but not limited to: user / group permissions, file / folder permissions, group policies, local security policies, etc.
- Analyzes, identifies, and implements enhancements, upgrades and/or solutions to improve the overall support of the desktop platform in a timely manner
- Ensures adherence to client’s corporate policies through periodic reporting and compliance programs
- Acts as the technical support contact for field service engineers, repairing and troubleshooting client instrument and information technology issues
- Follow documented procedures, policies, troubleshooting and best practices
- Create and maintain a physical inventory of lab equipment, PC’s, software and any other information pertinent to the environment
- Submit weekly Engineer reports to the team lead by COB on the last business day of the week
- Acts as Liaison for software/hardware related inquiries
- Escalates IT issues that are not resolved PKI Lab IT analysts
- Participates in client team meetings
- Escalates delivery concerns to the team lead
- Excellent customer service skills complimented by an ability to listen to and interpret client requests.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technology issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify, track and complete tasks for multiple projects under prescribed timeframes
- Associate degree or relevant industry experience.
- One year of deskside experience including (but not limited to); Windows technologies, networking, remote computing, and backup systems
- Experience with scientific instrumentation
- Experience in Life Science environment
The employee will regularly require walking, standing, sitting and use of motor skills. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Use of personal protective equipment in laboratory.
- Paid Vacation, holiday and sick time
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.