Lab Support Coordinator
- To provide a general induction/orientation for new members of staff and visitors.
- To provide coordination of a 5S lean service.
- To work with Customer and PerkinElmer staff to ensure quality and compliance within the laboratory.
- To be the first line of support for infrastructure, engineering, IT and other service providers; reporting of faults and ensuring these are closed out in a timely fashion; i.e. to act as a single point of contact and help ensure minimal disruption.
- Meet regularly with laboratory service providers to ensure open lines of communication.
- Meet regularly with key stakeholders (lab staff, service providers, management) to identify, review and resolve issues in a timely manner and/or escalate as necessary.
- To be point of contact for equipment maintenance in liaison with Asset Management team and customer lab staff, facilitating scheduling and hosting of engineering visits for maintenance and/or repair.
- To help coordinate and oversee lab stocks in liaison with site stores (e.g. through kanban or via local procedures). Ensures appropriate tracking and safe delivery and storage of goods in the lab.
- To help coordinate the working environment with lab staff and PerkinElmer e.g. lab space, availability of PPE, and removal of redundant equipment, etc.
- To support coordination of waste removal from labs, ensuring use of appropriate waste streams with appropriate third-party vendors.
- To work in collaboration with Customer line safety reps to ensure a high level of safety is maintained in the lab.
- To coordinate the provision of lab services (e.g., gases/LN2/dry ice/deep cleans) by liaison with lab support services staff.
- To work with PerkinElmer and customer staff to help maintain lab documentation and coordinate archiving.
- To Coordinate periodic review of Service Level Agreement contracted tasks with all relevant groups (i.e Customer lines and management).
- To provide timely communication to lab users on impact of any site service work.
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years of experience in a customer facing role
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- Associates degree or higher preferred and relevant industry experience.
- 1-2 years of work experience in a laboratory environment.
- 1-2 years of experience working in a highly regulated environment and/or GxP related experience
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests with different levels of urgency
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accurate data entry
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside and outside labs
- Frequently operate on instruments, objects, tools or controls, which will quire regularly bending, squatting, stretching and reaching in order to perform in a service function.
- Regularly move or lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally move or lift up to 100 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the instrument), distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Occasionally operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Must be able to work in a laboratory, controlled environments requiring personal protective equipment
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Employee maybe required to manage hazardous wastes in compliance with company procedures & State/Federal/Local hazardous waste regulations. Duties may include, identifying, handling, generating, accumulating, storing, labeling.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a single point of contact for scientists, coordinating flow of services to lab and write up areas
- Liaise with all lab services (e.g. in-lab technical support, housekeeping, glass wash, facilities) to ensure the level of service meets the needs of the scientists
- Support the raising, monitoring, and closing out of help desk tickets, equipment maintenance/repair, IT Services, and infrastructure
- Support the general induction and familiarization for new starters within the laboratories
- Provide co-ordination of a 5S lean service working with lab supervisors
- Responsible for the scheduling/booking of the agreed shared lab equipment including asset oversight
- Ordering of goods and consumables, chemicals, and reagents via customer’s self-service point systems
- Ensures appropriate tracking, safe delivery, and storage of goods
- To co-ordinate the removal of waste from laboratories including provision of a local solvent bulking service where applicable
- Ensure that all lab and write up spaces are clear and ready for use by customer’s scientists.
- To carry out all requests and tasks in a helpful and professional manner, build relationships with key staff and consistently demonstrate a good customer service interface
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.