Locations available: Upper Providence or Mingo, PA; or Rockville, MD.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a single point of contact for scientists, coordinating flow of services to lab and write up areas
- Liaise with all lab services (e.g. in-lab technical support, housekeeping, glass wash, facilities) to ensure the level of service meets the needs of the scientists
- Support the raising, monitoring and closing out of help desk tickets, equipment maintenance/repair, IT Services and infrastructure
- Support the general induction and familiarization for new starters within the laboratories
- Provide co-ordination of a 5S lean service working with lab supervisors
- Responsible for the scheduling/booking of the agreed shared lab equipment including asset oversight
- Ordering of goods and consumables, chemicals and reagents via customer’s self-service point systems
- Ensures appropriate tracking, safe delivery and storage of goods
- To co-ordinate the removal of waste from laboratories including provision of a local solvent bulking service where applicable
- Ensure that all lab and write up spaces are clear and ready for use by customer’s scientists.
- To carry out all requests and tasks in a helpful and professional manner, build relationships with key staff and consistently demonstrate a good customer service interface
- Work experience in a laboratory environment.
- College degree or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in a customer facing role in a scientific environment
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment. GxP related experience is an advantage
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests with different levels of urgency
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and accurate data entry
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.