We are looking for highly motivated candidates for the role of Lab Technician/Research Technician to support the PerkinElmer OneSource Scientific Services within our In-Lab support team.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for:
- Assisting in the calibration and set-up of Analytical Equipment
- Ensuring a high quality of equipment for GSK customers to use
- Compliance with relevant SOPs and instructions
- Providing support in areas such as health and safety and quality compliance, monitoring and maintenance of equipment and laboratory resources
- Acting as a point of contact for all research staff to deal with problems within the laboratories focusing on regularly used equipment.
- To perform routine calibration/verification checks on a range of laboratory equipment such as pH meters and balances.
- Cleaning and disinfection of lab equipment such as incubators, hoods and safety cabinets.
- Set up and operation of a wide range of standard lab equipment.
- Prepare aliquot and label a large variety of buffers and reagents.
- Preparation of QC standards.
- Prepare materials and equipment for use.
- Undertake in lab tasks for scientific staff to agreed protocols, e.g., radioactive and environment monitoring, gel plates collection preparation and distribution of analytical or biological samples
- Maintaining lab stocks such as consumables and solvents.
- Operate to approved quality standards (e.g. GLP/GMP).
- Maintain QA systems by keeping accurate records of work undertaken, methods used, and results achieved.
- To ensure safe operation of any equipment used
- Compliance with all relevant working instructions, SOPs and safety instructions.
- To be responsible for maintaining an efficient laboratory environment and for ensuring health, safety and compliance standards are met and maintained.
- To liaise with customer groups to discuss their requirements, agree protocols for new tasks, escalation to Line Manager as required.
- Planning of own daily tasks.
- Collate metrics to show the performance of the group
- Expand and develop the support to new analytical areas
- To share the success of the team and the support provided
- Excellent customer service focus and ability to work collaboratively
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills
- Problem-solving capabilities and ability to make clear decisions and good organizational skills
- Self-motivated, energetic, dependable with and a clear attention to detail
- Be a good team worker demonstrating loyalty and commitment to the team members. Ability to work independently
- Computer literacy and able to communicate using various platforms
- Knowledge of GxP principles is preferable
- Experience of project management and lean process skills
- Ability to collaborate with other support teams
- Experience working in a laboratory environment ideally
- Experience working with health and safety procedures
- Science background with qualifications to at least ‘A’ level standard or equivalent (grade C or higher) in a relevant scientific subject, with GCSE Grade A-C/9-5 or equivalent in Math and English.
The overall physical exertion of this position requires:
- Sit or stand 3-4 hours a day in laboratory areas
- Sit or stand 3-4 hours a day in office area at provided PC/Laptop
- Work around moving laboratory equipment and machinery and in modern office arenas, undertaking several different tasks
- Use of personal protective equipment in laboratory
- Work with laboratory chemicals and samples
- Job role may be fast paced, and job completion demands may be high
- There is the ability to develop your own working practices to enable you and the support you provide to succeed
- Job role is highly rewarding and provides an excellent collaboration with world-class science and career development
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.