The Lead Business Systems Analyst is the bridge between business problems and the technology solutions. The Lead BSA extracts and translates client business requests into actionable, documented requirements for development teams. The Lead BSA ensures project quality by testing, documenting results and guiding client testing. In addition, the Lead BSA’s main focus is efficiency, both for the client and internal processes.
Leads complex projects for multiple clients or multiple projects for individual clients. Typical client assignment would be on a tier 1 or tier 2 clients, across verticals. Industry specific knowledge developed on retained client accounts. With little to no instruction or guidance, works on projects of diverse scope where in depth analysis of business processes, requirements, systems and/or data is required. Analyzes business processes, requirements and data from various sources and utilizes this information to develop and document requirements for projects. Uses discretion in selecting methods, practices and processes to drive solutions and adapts based on client/project needs. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Leads direct reports and others on immediate project team. Strong familiarity with the software development lifecycle and ability to apply SDLC concepts to their own work and lead others in the SDLC. May include project management for small projects.
- Analyzes complex business problems, needs and requirements and translates those into written system and functional specifications.
- Configures system settings and options.
- Develops and documents test plans/test cases and articulate and document test results/defects.
- Executes quality assurance, functional, system integration and end to end testing; coordinates and facilitates user acceptance testing with the end user.
- Works with developers, system architects and senior BSAs to design and document the details of automated systems and processes.
- Provides details to developers regarding what should be included in the software, application, or product to ensure it is included in the implementation.
- Defines and documents production support processes and procedures for custom solutions.
- May provide consultation to users in the area of automated systems.
- Potentially lead cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues.
- Could be internal or external, client-focused, working in conjunction with the end client, Client Services, client vendors and internal technology teams. May include company-wide, web-enabled solutions and databases.
- Able to assess a situation, receive input from stakeholders, and select an appropriate course of action.
- Independently assemble, analyze and evaluate information, data and other supporting inputs and be able to make logical recommendations and decisions based on those inputs.
- Clearly communicate and articulate, both written and verbally, detailed specifications and changes to the overall project scope and business/system requirements.
- Properly interpret customer needs/requirements, provide guidance to the client based on those needs, and translate into understandable written requirements/solution designs.
- Demonstrates a strong technical aptitude and the ability to apply that aptitude.
- Able to create new requirement and solution design related documentation.
- Review and evaluate requirements and test cases/test plans produced by junior BSAs.
- Effectively serve as a liaison between client teams and internal technical teams.
- Consult with clients and provide proposed solution and solution designs based on client needs and requirements.
- Ability to manage platform intakes and small projects.
- Lead internal team meetings and provide direction to project teams and offshore teams.
- Escalates production support issues as necessary through resolution.
- Ability to apply the concepts of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) to their own work and enforce the concepts within their assigned project team.
- Clearly present data and analysis to internal project teams and translate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- 8+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Informally leads project team members through project leadership and management. May manage and/or oversee 1-3 direct reports.
- Receives little to no instruction on day to day work and new assignments.
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on
proof, not promises.TM Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate, and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID,® the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty, and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We see a world where modern marketing is built on truth, trust and transparency,
not smoke and mirrors. We want to be part of a world where consumers are
recognized and respected, privacy is protected and integrity is expected.
We enable marketing built on proof, not promises. We create robust customer
experiences that drive performance at the individual level, and help brands make
smarter decisions that drive real business outcomes.