The ideal candidate would be highly experienced in conducting data analysis on multiple projects simultaneously in a distributed global matrix environment. The Data Analyst will join a strong technical team in a technically demanding area of Tech and so the ideal candidate should possess a strong background in technology and be familiar with Agile and DevOps processes. The candidate is required to carry strong Business Intelligence tool skills and also relevant programming experience to query data.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Develop high-level requirements / use cases for analytics to support business justification
- Work with the product owners to translate the requirements into a form of data mapping, logical data model for engineering team
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Take dashboard requirements and transfer into rapidly developed prototypes and working solutions
- Implement and document reports, dashboards and other story-telling insights within the BI platforms consistent with business and technical requirements
- Optimize and update semantic data models to support new and existing projects
- Develop test scenarios and test cases in collaboration with data test engineer along with acceptance criteria
- Identify and drive opportunities to reuse data models in new environments
- Effectively communicates with both technical and non-technical staff, stakeholders, end-users, and vendors
- Understand the needs and challenges of the commercial business environment.
- Manages communications with engineering team members, internal and external partners, stakeholders, program staff and users
- Provide best practice guidance for requirements analysis and prioritization.
- Monitor and document post-implementation problems and revision requests to ensure it meets end user needs
- Understand when to highlight risks or issues and ability to clearly communicate them to management teams and stakeholders.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Minimum of 7 years of successful experience as a Business And/Or Data Analyst in Data focused products and proven history working on and delivering complex projects in an Analytics environment space.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Engineering, or other STEM-related area preferred)
- Extensive experience with at least 1 data visualization platform preferably Power BI
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience writing complex queries to retrieve data
- Experience working in Azure environments a plus
- Strong professional communication skills with both technical & non-technical audiences
- Be inquisitive for knowledge, drive for results
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.