Lead Development Representatives are front-line team members in PerkinElmer’s demand generation marketing program.
- Promptly respond to marketing qualified leads within established SLAs (service level agreements)
- Evaluate these ‘qualified leads’ from omni-channel marketing activities against Budget, Authority, Need & Timing (BANT) criteria
- Review database of ‘pre-qualified leads’ for high potential prospects; conduct outreach and stimulate interest in PerkinElmer Products and Services
- Engage prospective customers by phone, LinkedIn, and email
- Partner closely with Account Executives and Sales Directors on 1:1 highly personalized prospect outreach
- Make a great first impression with our prospects by demonstrating strong knowledge in key areas such as the Decile platform, our competitors, and the industry
- Hit your monthly events and customer meeting and call targets
- Accurately enter and maintain clean data in our CRMs (Salesforce.com and Sales Loft)
- Actively work on becoming an expert on our products.
- Actively look for opportunities to improve and optimize our sales processes
- Learn our technology stack (Salesforce, Sales Loft, Demandbase, and more) to become more efficient and effective at your job.
- Convert on contact creation and prospecting though use of Demandbase insights and data mining
- Maintain active engagement with prospects using creative follow-up communication
- Meticulously track all Prospect insight in Salesforce to support sales teams with solid prospect background, including validation of interest, potential pain or critical issue, decision making authority and ensuring accurate contact information
- Collaborate with sales to create a seamless hand-off experience of qualified opportunities.
- Convert qualified leads to sales opportunities and transfer to territory aligned Sales representatives; conduct hand-over/briefing calls with Sales representatives, setting Sales up for successful first prospect conversations
- Provide a positive, engaging experience for all prospective customers through natural conversation that reflects an understanding of the prospect’s business and needs
- Work closely with marketing team to drive continuous improvement in lead quality, conversion rates, pipeline creation and revenue generation
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years of professional work experience in a sales environment
- At least 1 year of experience using Salesforce, SalesLoft, and Account Based Marketing platforms
- Phenomenal people skills, with excellent phone presence
- Ability to verbally and quickly connect with a wide variety of science-oriented business professionals at all levels
- Positive, energetic, and optimistic attitude with a passion for winning
- Comfortable and natural approach to objection handling
- Excellent organization and follow up skills, with extremely strong attention to detail
- Team oriented with ability to thrive in a fast-paced and energy filled environment
- Persistence to get the job done with willingness to learn and adapt daily
- A dependable, responsible, and reliable individual with a self-starter mentality, and ability to work independently
- A fundamental understanding of sales & marketing processes, from campaigns through prospecting to sales hand-off
- Fundamental knowledge of Data Mining tactics through LinkedIn and active search techniques
- Ability to easily connect with people (via Email, LinkedIn, and the phone), build trust, learn challenges through quality questions and active listening skills
- Extraordinary verbal, written and presentation skills
- Excited to conduct outbound email, telephone, and in-person activities to meet required contacts per lead on an everyday basis
- Experience with LinkedIn Navigator
- Experience in Chatbot technology and support (Drift)
- Experience in the business areas of diagnostics, life science research, food, environmental and industrial testing preferred, but not required
- This position will require 10-30% travel (events & customer visits)
- Support of all territories in the Americas Region (East, Central, West)
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.