Lead Java Engineer
Epsilon Data Management, LLCApply
We’re seeking a qualified Lead Software Engineer that has strong technical skills in application development using Java. In this role, you will work on some of the most critical applications to support the Epsilon data business.
Essential Job Functions:
The Lead Software Engineer will focus on designing, developing, and supporting all our data solutions, and this role specifically focused on the data part of our systems. This person will work closely with business leads to design and build innovative solutions.
The responsibilities for this position include:
- Build, review and improve new and existing Java applications.
- Participate in design, development, and implementation of robust solutions with modern technologies (Java, Spring, Hibernate, Unix, Maven, Git, etc.).
- Can work independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments to find solutions to existing problems or as part of a team.
- Responsible for creating reusable processes that help implement each solution.
- Assist other developers, QA, end-users and others as needed.
- Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute towards company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
- Works with stakeholders to understand the business needs and gather requirements to develop appropriate solutions. Prepares business and technical documentation.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Strong knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- 8+ years of progressive experience using Java to build applications.
- Experience with SQL and relational database environments.Oracle preferred.
- Experience working in a Unix environment, including writing Unix Shell Scripts is a must.
- Knowledge of Java frameworks – Spring, Hibernate, Grails is preferred.
- Knowledge of these devops tools: Jenkins, Maven, Jira, Git or SVN
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability a Plus:
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience with AWS is a plus.
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark and Scala is a plus.
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines is a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile, Scrum, DevOps environment is a plus.
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, Scala, Hbase is a plus
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on
proof, not promises.TM Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate, and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID,® the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty, and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We see a world where modern marketing is built on truth, trust and transparency,
not smoke and mirrors. We want to be part of a world where consumers are
recognized and respected, privacy is protected and integrity is expected.
We enable marketing built on proof, not promises. We create robust customer
experiences that drive performance at the individual level, and help brands make
smarter decisions that drive real business outcomes.