As the Logistics Specialist , you will provide strategic oversight and management of clinical and commercial biopharm out-bound and in-bound drug substance for both domestic and international shipments.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Manage all Biopharm drug substance inbound and outbound shipments (R&D, Commercial, and External Supply) from primary manufacturing site to secondary site, internal or contractor facilities in conjunction with Move Product/ CMO clients / Local LSP/and External Supply groups. Supports PSC Upper Merion, PSC Rockville Biopharm and External Supply sites. Role resides at the Upper Merion, PA site.
- Generate and manage import and export documents
- Implementation and management of Sanctions and Export Controls
- Responsible for creating and revising Distribution Risk Assesments (DRA)
- Revise and report above site and site key performance indicators
- Ensure LSP (logistics service provider) Standard Operating Procedures are in place and are compliant with GSK requirements. LSP Management (Fed-Ex White Glove/LifeConEx/DHL) procedures are updated as necessary.
- Assist Materials Operations with deviation assesment and writing
- Comply to all GSK Shipping Requirements – MP Compliance requirements, QA Alerts, and Good Distribution Practices
- Assist with Cold Storage Planning and Management
- Assist with developing BDS Package design, shipping validation, and selection of cold chain distribution lanes
- Asssist with M-ERP implementation – In conjunction with Supply Planning and Finance develop process that generates supplier invoices from SAP (ensuring this triggers final TP invoice).
- Trade Lane Invoice Management (site, MP and TP)
- Liaison between site and above site – cross functional support: Trading Partners, CT, LSP, Warehouse, MP, IT, site & above site QA, Finance
- Dangerous Goods Management for all outbound DS shipments.
- Manage both in-bound and out-bound cell bank shipments for Upper Merion Biopharm
- Internal deviation management – point person for site logistics (e.g. BDS shipments)
- Assist with Regulatory audits and Regulatory filings amendments and submissions
- Assist with setting up secondary storage sites both for UM and Rockville
- Manage coordination of inbound and outbound sample shipments for One Biopharm Lab
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8 years of related experience in Supply Chain or Logistics
- cGMP Supply Chain experience
- Experience with shipping dangerous goods
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Demonstrated proficiencies in facilitation and negotiation skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in ambiguous circumstances while achieving expected results
- Demonstrate proficiencies in oral presentation and written communication skills
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.