The primary responsibility of the Business Architect is to interpret and conceptualize strategies to leverage available technology to solve business problems. The Business Architect will be the “bridge” between strategy and execution, working with Technical Solution Architects, Technical Managers, and individual team members to craft and present viewpoints that are compelling and exceed client expectations for innovation, risk management, platform stability, extensibility, and seamless operationalization.
An incumbent for this position will be highly organized and fluent in techniques to synthesize project concepts that optimize the technical solution while weighing return on investment, complexity, and impact to end customer/user experience.
- Intake of new project requests through collaborative meetings/workshops with the client to elicit requirements, goals, and measurements for success.
- Strategic understanding of how individual initiatives play into the overall solution offered.
- Prioritization of ideas that align to business and technical necessity, influencing where necessary to minimize business risk.
- Draw on industry best practices, deep understanding of solution, and technical consultations to craft and present viewpoints that are easily understood by non-technical stakeholders.
- Ensure comprehensiveness of impact assessments for any enhancements proposed and ensure adherence to service level agreements.
- Working with the team to accurately estimate level of effort leveraging historical data and subject matter expertise.
- Establish positive, trusting, and motivational relationships with key client counterparts that allow for the alignment of business and technology at a foundational level.
- Establish and adhere to a governance structure that properly adheres to change management guidelines.
- Thorough documentation of proposed solution, including in scope, out of scope, assumptions, dependencies, success criteria, and solution diagrams.
- Seamless hand-off from concepting to build stage including consultation with development team and business analysts responsible for execution.
- Baseline and measure success as enhancements are implemented.
- Proposal and oversight of proof of concept initiatives to demonstrate business value of the effort at hand.
- Streamline the IT enablement process through the creation and maintenance of a roadmap that interweaves current solution improvements, evaluation of latest product implementations, and client enhancement requests.
- Creation and maintenance of a business capability map that clearly articulates both abilities and constraints of the solution in place.
- Communicate and mitigate risk of implementations through inclusion of preventative and detective measures that proactively identify any issues.
- Inclusion of automation wherever possible to minimize manual intervention.
- Consideration of performance impacts in every solution proposed.
- Business understanding of the underlying architecture and technical implementation of an existing solution, as well as benefits of potential upgrades to it.
- Contribution to RFP proposals where needed.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a client-facing role as a liaison between business and technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, Engineering, or related field.
- Experience in architecture with significant experience in translating technical, scalable, and automated approaches into business terminology.
- Experience with working within large teams (30+) is a plus.
- Agile experience is a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills to review, interpret, and recommend improvements based on reporting/data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build consensus amongst many stakeholders.
- Senior level knowledge of marketing business processes, operations, and the technology that supports them.
- Excellent negotiation and vendor management skills.
- Excellent understanding of information security, including experience with audits.
- Understanding of consumer financial regulations are preferred.
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on
proof, not promises.TM Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate, and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID,® the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies, and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty, and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com.
Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
We see a world where modern marketing is built on truth, trust and transparency,
not smoke and mirrors. We want to be part of a world where consumers are
recognized and respected, privacy is protected and integrity is expected.
We enable marketing built on proof, not promises. We create robust customer
experiences that drive performance at the individual level, and help brands make
smarter decisions that drive real business outcomes.