At GlaxoSmithKline we have created a world-leading data and computational environment to enable large scale scientific experiments that exploit GSK’s unique access to data. Our focus is on bringing data, analytics & science together into solutions for our scientists to develop medicines for patients.
We are seeking to grow our team with brilliant and diverse contributors with technical ability. We are looking for machine learning experts that want to be part of a team that discovers new medicines. This is an exciting role that will stretch your knowledge and curiosity, offering the opportunity to learn new skills and work within a global community.
This is a hands-on position where you will be empowered to be creative, ambitious and bold, to solve novel R&D problems and have the potential to directly impact the lives of patients living with disease. We have impressive tool-kits and world class data, and we are now looking for talented people to join us.
As a Machine Learning Engineer we’d like you to be able to:
- Influence machine learning strategy for a program/project; explores design options to assess efficiency and impact, develop approaches to improve robustness and rigour
- Be a key contributor to the planning and direction of a project and effectively prioritize goals
- Lead discussions at peer review and uses quantitative skills to positively influence decision making
- Effectively explain technical concepts at all levels in the organization, including senior managers/stakeholders
- Lead, or makes major contributions to, improvements in methodology or initiatives to address capability gaps or increase efficiency
- Represent GSK externally to advance technical capability across the Industry
- Identify opportunities to apply the latest advancements in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to build, test, and validate predictive models
- Create algorithms to extract information from large, multiparametric data sets
- Deploy your algorithms to production to identify actionable insights from large databases
- Compare results from various methodologies and recommend best techniques to stake holders
- Design, develop and implement analytical solutions using a variety of commercial and open source tools (common tools include Python, R, TensorFlow)
- Develop and embed automated processes for predictive model validation, deployment, and implementation
- Connect and collaborate with subject matter experts in biology, chemistry, and medicine.
- Make impactful contributions to internal discussions on emerging machine learning methodologies
It would be fantastic if you have
- A higher degree in Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry or related quantitative field
- Expert understanding of a programming language such as Python.
- Experience with at least one Deep Learning framework such as TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team to both teach and learn every day
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.