The Maintenance Technician manages the day-to-day facility and equipment needs of the facility. This person will ensures all systems are maintained and operating properly. These activities are performed in compliance with industry regulations, site operating procedures, quality and safety policies and cost and processing time standards.
- Authorization to work in the US for any employer without requiring further sponsorship.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years experience managing facilities and equipment in Manufacturing Systems, Materials Management Systems, and Facilities.
- Knowledge of cGMPs as it related to facilities and equipment maintenance
- Skilled with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Solid oral and written comprehension & expression abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities and Designated Assignments:
- Ensures preventative maintenance, calibration and equipment repair according to schedule.
- Troubleshoots equipment and facility problems as they arise, and performs or schedules the repairs and implements a corrective action if necessary.
- Maintains equipment logs and operating reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Receive in and setup equipment to support production/facility needs.
- Assists Processing, Quality Assurance and Quality Control in resolving issues related to the facilities and equipment.
- Ensures work is performed within the guidelines of standard operating procedures.
- Ensures that the emergency backup generator is properly maintained and ready for operation at all times.
- Support and work with outside vendors as needed.
- Performs some Facilities Manager’s task in the absence of the Manager.
Key Role Interactions (including job titles that report into this role):
Reports to the Facilities Manager. Have interactions with all building staff, support Materials Manager as needed, work with IT and Purchasing groups.
Primarily working in all building areas (Materials Warehouse, Production Warehouse, Clean Room, Front Office, Tank Storage Area) and outside on the grounds around the facility and the building’s roof.
Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear, smell. The employee must regularly lift or move up to 25 pounds and may occasionally lift up over 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Potential Job and Task Hazards:
Position requires working with LN2 liquid/gas, climbing, working on ladders in high areas, Electrical shock, Mechanical and Hydraulic stored energy.
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.