Manager, Business Improvement
The Business Improvement Manager will be a primary resource of lean expertise for the Sodexo NORAM Healthcare service operations and will lead cross-functional teams through the implementation of Lean and other Business Improvement initiatives.
This Manager will support our Healthcare accounts located in the Cleveland, OH region. The ideal candidate will live near Cleveland, OH. This position may require travel up to 70% of the time.
This role will be responsible for leading change, training, coaching, and mentoring Operations managers to adopt continuous improvement programs and methods at their sites. This role will be critical in the development, deployment and maintenance of engineered labor standards. The Manager, BI will also identify, train, coach, develop process change agents, direct reports as well as high potential future leaders.
The successful candidate will:
Deploy Business Improvement & Process Change Initiatives
- Develop an operational understanding of all relevant current state processes as well as client priorities at assigned locations ensuring solution fit for purpose.
- Manage deployment of business improvement initiatives in a quality and timely manner to ensure ROI targets are achieved.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain engineered labor standards at assigned locations.
- Assist in training operations staff on Lean Principles such as work sampling, root cause analysis, and corrective action plans.
- Manage annual budget for the team as well as making sure all projects are executed on time, on budget with expected result and ROI.
- Provide budget guidance to Healthcare Operations teams regarding disruption, loss of productivity costs, and startup costs as it relates to projects.
Orchestrate and Lead Change Initiatives
- Understand national and global operational strategy as well as specific client needs in assigned areas and funnel innovation and opportunity requests to IE directors.
- Utilize appropriate continuous improvement and project management techniques to develop solutions for assigned projects.
- Effectively utilize the IE Business Improvement model to filter, scope, and prioritize change initiatives ensuring both a cohesive national strategy and key local needs are met.
- Establish collaborative relationships with internal and client key stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of quality, sustainable changes.
- Identify high potential associates within the organization and recruit, coach, mentor them in leading and implementing change initiatives.
- Lead a culture of continuous learning and development.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Continuous improvement experience;
- Industrial engineering experience;
- Excellent Project management and organizational skills;
- Experience with Data and statistical analysis;
- Enterprise Resource Planning systems, databases, advanced Microsoft Excel (SAP, Oracle, Java, SQL, Tableau) experience;
- Strong leadership skills.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification;
- PMP certification;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience;
- Experience personally leading multiple change initiatives from design to implementation, showing sustained results across diverse processes;
- 5+ years work experience with process improvement projects and/or project management.
The Business Improvement Manager will be a primary resource of lean expertise for the segment and will lead cross-functional teams through the implementation of Lean and other business improvement initiatives. This role will be responsible for leading change, training, coaching, and mentoring Operations managers to adopt continuous improvement programs and methods at their sites. This role will be critical in the development, deployment and maintenance of engineered labor standards. The Manager, BI will also identify, train, coach, develop process change agents, direct reports as well as high potential future leaders.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience – 5 years
Basic Functional Experience – 3 years
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.