The Good Eating Company (GEC) is seeking a Manager of Event Planning for our high profile client Applied Materials in Santa Clara, California..
Text Tracie @ 202 436 2567 to get your career started with GEC!
The ideal candidate will have excellent client and customer service skills, be able to multitask, be detail-oriented, led by example and direct employees in a fast-paced environment. There is daily contact with clients.
We are looking for a self-motivated candidate to lead all event planning at this account.
High quality and excellent customer service with the ability to bring new ideas and events is a primary focus.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a passion for hospitality and are perhaps looking for better work/life balance than a typical restaurant / hotel can provide
- enjoy working hard while on duty, but prefer to have most nights/weekends off
- have a passion for catering and would like to creatively contribute
- are searching for a position that provides exceptional career guidance and opportunities for growth
The ideal candidate will have:
- strong catering experience including solid financial acumen and deep understanding of the technical delivery aspect of events
- excellent multi-tasking skills to juggle different tasks and events at one time
- ability to build and mentor a solid catering team who share same level commitment and passion to catering: quality presentation, customer service, professionalism
- ability to multi-task and delegate to coordinate multiple events at a time and utilize a systems–based approach to meet each event’s time-lines/specifications and quality of product
- strong writing, costing, menu development and pricing skills
- Catertrax knowledge, strong excel skills
- A valid driver’s license is required for this position
About GEC: Good Eating Company is a premium corporate services offer that is rooted in making good choices. We are a group of hard-working, supportive and fun individuals who love all things food and beverage. We believe in the stories behind the ingredients and those stories are what connect us. To learn more, please visit https://www.goodeatingcompanyus.com/.
A communicator who ensures all aspects of events, meetings and presentations led by executives or with reach across Sodexo North America are planned and executed seamlessly. Manages presentation development, site vendors, and logistics while ensuring that all components are aligned with brand standards and Public Relations and Brand & Communications Strategy elements. Works in close collaboration with executive leaders, PR team members and other sections of the Brand & Communications team to ensure efficient planning, development and execution of events – that deliver maximum return on investments of time and funds.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience – 3 years
Basic Functional Experience – 3 years in Communications or a related field
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.