At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
This role is part of the IT Financial Operations team within the IT Business Management group. The team’s focus is on centralizing operations to foster efficiency and on financial transparency to inform decision making and governance. This role, Manager – Project Financial Management, has overall accountability for managing project financials within the ServiceNow Program and Project Management (“PPM”) module for the IT project portfolio of over approximately $500M.
Detailed Position Responsibilities
- Supervises a team of 8 project financial analysts that support the IT Project Managers by reviewing project financials for accuracy and advising Project Management Office (“PMO”) team of accounting guidance.
- Owns the design and execution of the process that will prepare, analyze, interpret and process project financials for actual, budget and forecast and is accountable for their accuracy and timely delivery to the IT Senior Leadership Team, PMO, and IT Finance.
- Collaborates with the IT teams and IT Finance teams, as well as third party suppliers like Accenture, Beeline and Cognizant to ensure monthly consumption files are processed correctly and work with the third party suppliers to resolve issues.
- Co-facilitates the financial training of new users in the ServiceNow environment and create knowledge objects on an as needed basis.
- Works closely with the heads of the IT PMO and helps with understanding their monthly and quarterly financials in order to facilitate reporting to senior leadership.
- Drives process improvement for project financials and manages the financial components of the PPM module within ServiceNow. Will develop new requirements, collaborate on the functional design of new logic and/or process, and test the outcomes.
- Work closely with Corporate Finance to ensure the project financials are reconciled on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, sciences or equivalent.
- Proven ability to manage a small team of 5-10 members.
- Experience with working with financials – budgets, actuals, forecasting and possess analytical and financial reporting skills.
- Accounting/GAAP knowledge.
- Experience with ServiceNow Program and Portfolio Management module and/or ServiceNow platform.
- Experienced with an Enterprise Resource Platform like SAP and understand project accounting within the system.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with employees and management at all levels. Strong facilitation and meeting management skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills commensurate with daily interaction with management, peers and clients.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we’re inspired by this single, powerful vision. Passionate and precise, we bring life-saving medicines to people around the world. And we work together with compassion to improve outcomes for the patients who need us most.
We are a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines that help patients prevail over serious diseases. Innovative science is our passion. Transformational medicines are our goal. Bristol Myers Squibb is committed to discovering, developing, and delivering transformational medicines in areas where we believe we have an opportunity to make a meaningful difference for patients: oncology, immunoscience, cardiovascular, and fibrosis.
We combine the agility of biotech with the reach and resources of an established pharmaceutical company to create a global leading biopharma company powered by talented individuals who drive scientific innovation.
Bristol-Myers Squibb gives you the opportunity to learn and grow professionally alongside smart, creative, and talented colleagues who are committed to helping patients battle serious diseases. Doing amazing things with people you like and admire isn’t something you can find just anywhere.
Our mission to enhance the lives of our patients requires an investment in a strong learning culture. By providing valuable learning opportunities, connecting you to your passion, and helping you achieve your personal aspirations, we are empowering you to make a difference.
- Digital Learning
- Developmental Programs
- Leadership & Management Programs
- Insights for Success
- General Manager Development
- Building Manager Capability
- Coaching & Mentoring