Manager, Laboratory Services
Sodexo, a global leader in Quality of Life Services, seeks an experienced Laboratory Services Manager to provide lab services to Merck in Rahway, New Jersey. This position oversees operations at two sites within the region.
The Lab Services Manager has the overall responsibility for the success of all vendor compliance inspections. The Lab Services Manager must ensure all employees adhere to Quality and Compliance (Q&C), Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) regulations as well as client and Sodexo policies and procedures.
The Lab Services Manager will:
- Manage all aspects of glassware reconciliation operations and compliance inspections.
- Assure all Lab Services employees have been trained on applicable procedures as well as safety and all client/Sodexo required training
- Assist in compliance related activities including: audits, training records, good documentation practices, SOPs, Forms and Work Instructions.
- Develop and revise existing standards governing the Lab Operations as driven by needs to support the operation.
- Provide continuous improvement through operational excellence.
- Work with the local Compliance team to ensure migration of changes and enhancements of processes and procedures.
- Conduct activities in a professional manner appropriate for a laboratory environment.
- Oversee work orders and follow up on repairs and maintenance issues as needed.
- Act as a liaison between client, customers and Sodexo services, applying problem solving and investigation tactics, as needed.
- Provide technical assistance to staff for lab related issues.
- Monitor productivity and ensure metrics are being met, which include delivery, quality and customer communications.
- Liaise with third party contractors who perform activities managed by Sodexo
- Act as primary point of contact to clients in regards to above mentioned Lab Services. Follow company, departmental and local safety policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will demonstrate experience and skill in:
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Problem solving ability and ability to meet needs of customers in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Oral and written proficiency, the ability to provide clear oral and written communication.
- Understands the current regulatory requirements for own discipline.
- Demonstrates understanding of impact on tasks being performed by Scientists and their work.
- Possesses customer service skills
Qualifications and Requirements
- BA/BS in a scientific discipline preferred.
- Three or more years of laboratory experience
- At least one year experience in managing a lab environment.
There is a Covid-19 Vaccination required to work at this site.
Manage Lab Service operations at Pharmaceutical/Life Science accounts. This includes Glassware operations, central media preparation, Laboratory gas service, Lab coat management, and GMP Cleaning management. Ensure all work is carried out to exact specifications and in accordance with all Client and Sodexo policies and procedures; and in accordance with this job description.
All employees are required to, and are responsible for adhering to Quality, Compliance and Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) regulations and Client or Sodexo procedures applicable to their role. Training will be provided to ensure that the procedures are understood and responsibilities are defined. Quality and Compliance non-conformances and potential quality and compliance risks to all regulations must be reported immediately to your line manager and the Sodexo Compliance team. Environmental, Health and Safety non-conformances and potential environmental, health and safety risks must be reported immediately to your line manager and Sodexo EHS.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement – Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience – 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year of laboratory/ industry experience
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.