We are currently seeking an Office Occupancy Planner to join our team located in Rahway, NJ. This position is on a client account within pharmaceutical industry.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you want to strive to become a Strategic Office Occupancy Planner, looking to work in a team to develop innovative technical solutions, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Provide space & occupancy planning services, managing the supply, capacity and demand for the clients’ sites and spaces
- Develop space programs for future space requirements across sites
- Knowledge holder to client’s workplace standards including furniture standards and employee space eligibilities
- Support occupancy requirements for the Occupancy Planning team as it pertains to Moves/Adds/Changes (MAC) and local Workplace teams for spaces
- Review impacts to space and make recommendation to site leads on general strategy by engaging the necessary resources to execute
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Sodexo is committed to providing working conditions and client services that are safe and healthy and will follow all applicable COVID-19 prevention measures, including state/local or client-mandated mask, testing and/or vaccine requirements.
You will be required to have the COVID-19 vaccine to work at this location.
Plans, directs and coordinates activities of designated capital projects. Reviews project proposal, establishes work plan and manages contractors to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Construction Management including scheduling and financial management
- Quality Control and Safety
- Project Engineering including following specifications, design adaptation by ensure design and specifications meet codes and specification
- Sub-contractor management
- Administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings, minutes, maintaining documentation and customer liaison
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic Education Requirement – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Basic Management Experience – 3 years
- Basic Functional Experience – 3 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
We serve to uplift communities, to advocate equity, to ensure inclusion, to be a force for change, We are SodexoMagic. We sustain and empower communities everywhere through healthy food and exceptional services. We stand with our employees and partners to ensure quality of life services that safeguard wellness for all communities to create a just and more equitable future for all people. Through who we are, through what we do, through our legacy, we stand committed to…serving equality for communities.
“We always overdeliver to our customers. We want to make sure we put a smile on their face each and every day. As the leader, I want to empower our team to deliver best in class service.” - MAGIC JOHNSON
SodexoMagic was founded in 2006 between Sodexo and NBA Hall of Famer, Magic Johnson. Mr. Johnson knows what it takes to motivate and create a winning team. With now over 6,500+ employees (72% diverse) serving more than 1,700 sites, we always over deliver to our customers. Industries we serve include Colleges/Universities, K-12, Corporate and Healthcare.
SodexoMagic operates under the following pillars:
We are committed to providing the highest possible quality of food and service to our communities. Our Chief Culinary Advisor, Chef Garvin leads our community of chefs using food to inspire and delivering great recipes that present healthier choices for our clients and customers.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Because we are the communities we serve, it is crucial that we understand the people we interact with daily: their challenges as well as their dreams. Through employment opportunities, community events, and philanthropic endeavors, we are dedicated to those who make us who we are.
We champion programs geared toward mental health and are dedicated to the power of collaboration to spark healthy communities.
We are committed to supporting diversity and inclusion through purchases of goods and services from minority and women -owned businesses. All neighborhoods deserve every opportunity to thrive and grow.