Are you looking to expand your experience in driving agile and product management transformation and operational performance across a large Tech organization? The role will be primarily focused on the Tech (IT) organization that enables the US Pharma business, a $13 billion biopharma enterprise comprised of over 3,500 employees that generates over 40% of GSK’s global revenue. This role will be responsible for pulling through agile, product and skills transformation initiatives across the US Pharma Tech organization, ensuring proper planning and prioritization of the product portfolio is well managed and operational processes are developed and continuously improved.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Enabling the effectiveness and efficiency of the organization through the implementation and improvement of consistent, simplified operational processes and performance management across the organization.
- Enabling the organization for the readiness of the future through managing pull through of transformation initiatives in agile, skill development and product management.
- Development of a visualization of the Product landscape and roadmap, and provide portfolio governance, reporting and analysis to highlight issues and ensure key decisions are made with as much information as possible and in a timely manner to avoid loss of value.
- Work with operations team and product teams to ensure the accuracy of the information in the product portfolio and ensure that teams utilize appropriate methods and tools, and that value is tracked in a consistent and meaningful way.
- Work with product teams and solution groups to develop robust capacity and capability plans.
- Facilitate periodic product and roadmap reviews, planning and prioritization meetings (BRPs) with sponsors, US Pharma Tech leadership, and core team members, to agree priority, assess progress and maturity.
- Support US Pharma Tech spend management and tracking, communication planning and execution, risk and compliance management.
- Support strategic partner strategy, management and oversight
- Provide program management support for key initiatives in Tech that need Business Ops support
- Liaise and partner with Tech Leadership, USP Tech Product teams, Pharma DDA & Tech regional operations functions and GSK Tech Functions for key initiatives in Tech that needs Business Ops support.
- Support and manage culture and engagement initiatives for USP Tech and with local tech teams.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s degree – Computer Science, Business, or similar degree
- 7+ years in Technology Management (product owner, product manager, Technical IT manager, portfolio management responsibilities, etc.)
- Experience managing IT services, applications, projects and / or products
- Experience in application development management in AGILE and SCRUM
- Experience in Technical (IT) Product Management
- Experience in SAFE methodology
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Proven proactive, independent, self-starter; ability to drive through ambiguity in a fast moving and dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong stakeholder relationship and partnering skills
- Demonstrate great leadership skills and be able to communicate the strategic vision of the company and the organization across all levels within and outside of Tech.
- Familiar with life science and/or healthcare preferred
- Strong experience in successfully interfacing, clearly communicating and collaborating with Sr. Leadership through proposal development, issue solving and decision making
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.