To play a leading role in a dynamic corporate strategy & M&A team responsible for the evaluation and execution of various M&A and divestiture opportunities, including valuation analytics, due diligence and business case presentations. Additionally, to drive the scoping, analysis and implementation of key, high-value corporate strategy projects.
- Drive global business development initiatives that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy, including wing-to-wing leadership and support of the deal process (e.g. sourcing, modeling, due diligence, negotiating and contracting).
- Proactively collaborate with business unit leadership to refine and articulate business plans and valuation scenarios for various business development opportunities.
- Play a leading role in additional business development activities such as strategy development, research, market analysis and due diligence.
- Pull upon strategy skillset in order to deliver a strong voice and opinion on corporate strategy initiatives and work with SVP & Managing Director to ensure new business development growth opportunities are aligned to strategic priorities
- Prepare and present engaging, crisp and effective PowerPoint slides in support of various presentations to senior management
- Provide analytical thought leadership and lead project management during the deal process, including coordination with all market and functional experts on due diligence and integration workplans as well as negotiation and definitive transaction documents
- Cultivate and drive the culture of continuous improvement and best practice benchmarking
- Mentor and manage junior analysts’ responsibilities on certain business development projects
- Read research reports to apply broad business knowledge and understanding of market dynamics to identify opportunities for growth or operational excellence
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, mathematics or economics
- 5-8 years’ work experience in consulting, corporate business development and strategy, investment banking, or private equity.
- Experience within Healthcare, Life Science and/or Diagnostics industries preferred
- Experience across the full M&A deal process
- Strong analytical and complex problem solving skills, deal modeling/valuation expertise
- Excellent oral/written communication with demonstrated experience in PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Proven ability to effectively work within teams in a fast-paced, high-growth and matrixed organization
- Adept at using networks & interpersonal skills to support change
- MBA is highly desirable
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.