PerkinElmer is seeking a Manager of U.S. International Tax to assist with supporting the company with U.S. international tax provision, compliance and planning in the company’s Waltham, MA headquarters. The manager will work with other U.S. based and international tax team members and business partners to assist with a variety of cross-functional initiatives. This role will operate with some level of independence and the applicant will be expected to demonstrate a high level of initiative, project/task ownership and collaboration, as well as an ability to drive projects forward with (at times) limited oversight.
This is a remote-based position – candidates should be residing in the East Coast time zone.
Primary duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive US international tax calculations including GILTI, FDII, BEAT, Sec. 163j, etc. workpapers and analyses for compliance, provision and tax planning purposes, including management/preparation of U.S. international income tax returns by outside preparers.
- Coordinating international components of the US income tax return including review of all relevant forms (e.g., U.S. international tax forms including but not limited to Form 5471, 8858, 926, etc.).
- Working on U.S. international tax issues in relation to income tax audits, including responding to Information Document Requests as part of federal, state and local tax audits, as well as supporting company positions under audit, as needed.
- Research U.S. international tax issues and prepare comprehensive technical documentation/memos that contain well-reasoned, supported, and clear conclusions.
- Communicate tax concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals.
- Work closely with other members of the global tax department, coordinate, and review cross functional tax input.
- Work with U.S. and non-U.S. external tax advisors and consultants.
- Gain a deep understanding of (a) business and treasury initiatives, (b) the organization’s structure and attributes, (c) funding process and history, (d) cross tax considerations, and (e) unique country requirements.
- Drive meetings with leadership pertaining to the above.
- Bachelor’s degree AND
- 8 years of international corporate income tax and indirect tax experience in a national public accounting firm, publicly traded company, or large private company which includes at least 1 year of experience directly managing and developing a team
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years’ experience in international tax for a multi-national, matrixed organization, which includes at least 1 year of experience directly managing and developing a team
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, accounting or finance
- CPA or JD strongly preferred
- Strong international income tax compliance, provision/reporting, and planning experience with public companies
- Ability to function effectively and deliver results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Demonstrate balanced judgment and ability to prioritize a structured workload while delivering high-quality results
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Willingness to work on a variety of technical projects/assignments
- Analytical/Critical thinker with ability to take ownership of assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively and in a timely manner with Finance, Accounting and Tax department personnel, other internal groups, and third-party service providers
- History of consistently delivering business results
- Strong business acumen and service orientation
- Ability to maintain high ethical standards
- Ability to stay abreast of current U.S. international tax developments
- OTP experience a plus
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.