This position is responsible for managing the Scientists and Associates that are developing recombinant protein research products in the Bioassay group that develop and optimize cell-based assays and functional binding assays to evaluate and verify recombinant proteins and neutralizing antibodies.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead and manage the Bioassay group for developing new recombinant protein, antibodies and related products under ISO 9001:2008/ISO 13485:2016.
- Lead and manage the development of cell based assays and functional binding assays
- Manage and support the optimization and troubleshooting existing assays
- Oversee the Documentation of experiments and results in a regulatory compliant manner
- Effectively communicate experimental results and strategies in presentations and written reports
- Write or approve SOP and protocols in support of new product release
- Work across functional groups to facilitate new product development and support existing products
- Maintain scientific knowledge and critically evaluate scientific literature and industry trends in order to contribute to new product development
- Maintain and monitor group operational documentations and laboratory equipment
- Other projects or responsibilities as may be required.
- innovate – Be better, keep improving, be more efficient, creative, and be in the forefront of development
- Aspire – Have desire, purpose, and ambition challenging ourselves to push the limits and reach new heights
- Collaborate – Foster teamwork, common goals, selflessness, communication and mutual support
- Transform – Adapt, learn, re-invent and change for future development and growth
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- PhD in Immunology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry or related scientific field
- Minimal of 5 years of industry experience and previous experience in a lead position in a product development area
- In depth knowledge of recombinant protein expression and purification process development
- Strong leadership skills including people management, time management, and project management
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Strong hands-on experience with protein characterization and bioassay
- Minimal of 3 years of experience managing Ph.D. Scientists and technical staffs
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be an innovative, motivated, highly organized, and enthusiastic team player with ability to handle multiple products and interact with multiple departments within and outside the company
- Willing and able to learn new skills to meet the dynamic needs of the organization
Condition of Employment
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, BioLegend requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based employees (subject to limited exceptions) beginning January 18, 2022.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.