This role is responsible for defining & implementing the marketing strategy for an assigned solutions portfolio in the US. This individual will lead and develop a team responsible for execution of key marketing processes , including product positioning and value propositions, alignment to market segmentation, competitive analysis, multi-channel commercial activation including new product introductions, pricing strategy, sales force effectiveness, clinical marketing and installed base retention.
This position is responsible for developing and executing a robust portfolio marketing strategy and plan to grow and move the funnel through the customer journey, from awareness-based branding to lead generation and nurturing, to customer retention. The Solutions Marketing Director will also be charged with collaborating across portfolios to communicate a One GE Healthcare story, showcasing differentiated offerings, developing and promoting thought leadership, and executing lead generation programs with a focus on sales revenue goals and marketing responsiveness metrics.
- Driving the use of customer, market and competitive research to understanding customer’s clinical and economic needs, as well as values and benefits sought to identify market opportunities for owned portfolio.
- Generating and analyzing competitive and win/loss data to provide insights to the business to help guide roadmap and strategy.
- Working with sales, product management, marketing and business leadership to understand market goals and priorities and translating them into focused marketing objectives.
- Creating go-to-market strategies, market messages with clearly defined differentiators, and content plans for owned portfolio to drive demand and lead generation activities.
- Owning the strategic planning process for a product portfolio franchise (including service & finance) in the US region.
- Designing and implementing robust product launches and managing the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
- Collaborating with segment marketing/other portfolio teams to develop innovative total customer offerings that ensure customer success and solve customer needs.
- Owning and tracking spend within a budget to realize and report success against KPIs
- Delivering clear, compelling, and differentiated value propositions that position the strength of our solutions and connect with the market.
- Hiring, directly supervising, compensating and effectively developing a team of professional marketers.
- Identifying strategic industry conferences and events, developing plans to support our engagement, and managing an ongoing communications plan to achieve goals and objectives, including ROI.
- Creating diverse marketing collateral like case studies, data sheets, whitepapers, evidence/outcomes briefs, FAQs, blog posts, ROI tools, new media, and other sales tools etc.
- Collaborate with global marketing counterparts to ensure voice of region is included in the product development process and creation of global go to market strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
- 8+ years’ experience in marketing, product marketing or related field
- Ability to lead teams and shape/lead growth vision and marketing strategy
- Strong influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communications skills
- Leadership skills to lead teams and shape/lead growth vision and marketing strategy
- Prior experience in a leadership role with direct reports
- Innovation – develop new ideas through collaboration and execute on creative ideas
- Team oriented – ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and process skills
- Based in Chicago
- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
- MBA or Master’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
- 10+ years’ experience in marketing, product marketing or related field.
- Proven success in marketing of technology products and/or services; candidates with experience marketing to healthcare providers or relevant healthcare experience preferred
- Proven experience in building innovative, proactive, high impact marketing campaigns using all relevant channels and media; and aligning marketing strategy with business goals.
- Should have strong fundamental lead generation execution and measurement experience for improvement analysis.
- Experience analyzing market/industry data including competitive intelligence to support new offering introductions and the development of marketing campaigns a plus.
- Deep marketing expertise in market & customer insights, product commercialization and branding
- Peripheral vision to nurture creative ideas and innovation
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting-edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services to meet the demand for increased access, enhanced quality and more affordable healthcare around the world.GE works on things that matter - great people and technologies taking on tough challenges. From medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions, GE Healthcare helps medical professionals deliver great healthcare to their patients.