Are you an experienced commercial leader looking to be part of our innovative, dynamic, and growing Oncology therapeutic team at GSK?
Being part of Oncology at GSK is being part of something special – we are driven by a personal commitment to give our patients and our customers MORE. With the advent of checkpoint inhibitors, we have entered an exciting new era in the treatment of cancer. As we continue to build our pipeline and strengthen our commercial capability, we have entered into several key partnerships. GSK and Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany recently announced a global alliance to jointly develop and commercialize bintrafusp alfa (also known as M7824) a novel immunotherapy with potential in multiple difficult-to-treat cancers.
As a Global Marketing Director (GMD) you will serve as a commercial partner, integrated into oncology R&D teams, to ensure the value creation of bintrafusp alfa in partnership with Merck KGaA by leveraging the emergent science, engaging clinical development and LOC colleagues, and providing commercial input leading to better product differentiation and a reimbursable file at the time of launch. You will present an outstanding opportunity for a dynamic, highly collaborative, and successful leader who brings strong commercial expertise to the oncology therapeutic area.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Develop and execute global commercial strategies for bintrafusp alfa solid tumor indications based upon a deep understanding of the current and changing oncology market dynamics and environmental trends.
- Assess the commercial viability and set the strategy for current and future bintrafusp alfa indications, including driving the development of the medicine profile based on competitive analysis, unmet need, market potential, customer insight and investments required to bring the asset to the market.
- Ensure integrated and thoughtful commercial and payer insights contribute to shaping the medicines vision, medicines development strategy and medicines profiles throughout the product development.
- Ensure, in partnership with the Global Medical Affairs team, that the evidence generation plan maximizes the product competitiveness from launch through LCM.
- Partner with Scientific Affairs and Congress Planning team and lead commercial activities at medical conferences.
- Contribute to development of launch strategy and pre-launch market planning activities for bintrafusp alfa based on an integrated, cross-functional set of commercial strategic objectives and corresponding tactical programs.
- Provide commercial input on packaging and supply chain tactics.
- Contribute to development of global brand plans in tight collaboration with Merck KGaA, and LOCs, including development of global messaging, positioning, core branding, reimbursement and pricing strategy, lifecycle management (LCM) opportunities, commercial assessment, and an integrated global forecast.
- Ensure timely assessment of commercial performance and work collaboratively to refine tactical plans as necessary to enhance operational execution.
- Contribute to a culture of “One Team”, driving organizational continuity and alignment across local operating companies (LOCs) and Merck KGaA key stakeholders in a rapid-paced and agile way.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s degree in science, business, or marketing
- Previous experience in commercialization of oncology pipeline assets with a strong understanding of the drug development process
- Early stage R&D engagement / scientific understanding
- Previous experience in in-line product marketing
- Well versed in core product marketing principles and campaign execution
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MBA and/or advance marketing or science degree or equivalent
- Global oncology marketing and product launch experience
- Demonstrated strength in oral/written communications and cross-functional collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to manage complex, multi-disciplinary projects
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking skills and ability to utilize insights from key customers, patients, payors, and healthcare providers to drive key marketing decisions and commercial strategy
- Demonstrated track record of formulating commercial strategies and executing commercial tactics
- Ability to think creatively and problem-solve in a rapidly changing, competitive environment
- Enthusiasm, confidence, and leadership skills sufficient to successfully engage diverse stakeholders including GSK executives, external thought leaders, and a talented commercial team
- Previous experience developing disease area and/or tumor strategies within the Oncology therapeutic area
- Familiarity with precision medicine and diagnostics development and commercialization
- Proven track record in BD (SciLi, Transactions, Alliance Management)
Today there are still millions of people without access to basic healthcare, thousands of diseases without adequate treatments and millions more people who suffer from everyday ailments. At GSK we want to change this.
As a global healthcare company, we take on some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. By delivering a sustainable business, we provide health benefits to patients and consumers, improved shareholder returns as well as supporting wider society. We have three world-leading businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to widening access to our products, so more people can benefit, no matter where they live in the world or what they can afford to pay. Each of our three businesses benefits from GSK’s commercial infrastructure, integrated supply networks and significant global presence.
As a global company, our reward packages are designed to meet the needs of our geographically diverse workforce. They are benchmarked against industry standards and relevant to your job, no matter where you live.
Our reward package includes:
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus that rewards you for your individual contribution to our strategy, as well as business targets
- Benefit programs designed to support you and your family, including access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs which reward exceptional achievements
- Share ownership schemes which link your reward to GSK’s longer term performance
- A performance and development program that helps you identify what you need to do, and the behaviors you need to demonstrate, to achieve success.