The Mechanical Design Engineer will work with other engineers to develop conceptual and final design solutions based on product specifications, perform testing/analysis on new and existing products, and assist/support the manufacturing team with build instructions, tooling design and process development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draft test plans and conduct verification and validation testing
- Participate in prototype instrument and assembly builds to verify fit and function
- Creation of complex models and detailed drawings using Inventor 2019
- Conceptualization, design, development, analysis and documentation of mechanical hardware for use in optical systems
- Assist with drafting Engineering Change Requests (ERCs)
- Structuring Bills of Material
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) or M.S. in Mechanical engineering (MSME)
- 0-3 year experience in mechanical design role
- Solid understanding of materials science, heat transfer, mechanics, statics, kinematics, and dynamics
- Strong organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Capable of analyzing and designing mechanical systems using stepper motors, lead screws, gears, belts, etc.
- Proficient with parametric modeling using Autodesk Inventor or equivalent
- Able to apply GD&T to part drawings in order to ensure proper part fit up
- Knowledgeable designing with machined and sheet metal parts
- Experience with plastic part manufacturing techniques, such as 3D printing, molding and converting
- Basic understanding in DFA, and DFM concepts
- Proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office (word, excel, and power point)
- Must be able to lift 40
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.