The Media Director is responsible for leading the team of media buyers and billing specialists. Is an expert in all active buying markets and aware of market conditions and changes. The Media Director has local spot market experience in most US markets in Television, Radio, and Cable, Outdoor and Digital media buying and planning and extensive knowledge of the automotive industry.
- Builds and maintains an effective team with increasing tenure.
- Creates and ensures adaptation of cross platform traditional and digital media (OTT) strategies.
- Ensures all of the Tier3 automotive dealer media buys are being bought efficiently, effectively, creatively and intelligently within budget, running clean and schedule performance is stewarded by the buying teams.
- Ensures that ongoing monthly billing deadlines are met and that buys are checked for accuracy, credits or underrun forms are gathered and all co-op is completed with accuracy and timeliness.
- New Employee Acquisition:
- Candidate pre-selection and interview process through HR portal.
- Recommendation on hires with approval from above.
- New Employee set up through designated Affinitiv process.
- Requesting Dashboard access.
- Send ‘New Employee Welcome Email’ to all new hires.
- Run new employee orientation virtually.
- Training new employees on the basics of the department by following a training schedule.
- Existing employee:
- Communicates with the team regularly to ensure that their goals are being met as well as assist in any challenges they face.
- Completes comprehensive team reviews in a timely manner based off of the Affinitiv schedule.
- Provides constant positive and improvement feedback to the entire team on performance and expectations through monthly 1:1 meetings. All communication as it relates to feedback is to be tracked through HR portal.
- Ensure 95%+ participation in all Affinitiv surveys as well as completes all HR steps for results planning/action plans.
- Monitor all dashboard activity to ensure all processes are followed as outlined in the training documents.
- Oversees accuracy and maintenance of all media training docs to ensure they are up to date as process/products change and publish to designated portal.
- Checks on active use of PTO throughout the year by all employees and ensures no one goes over at year end.
- Approves all time sheets through designated portal.
- Maintenance of active client list throughout the year.
- Revenue tracking to ensure the agency meets all established goals, as well as an understanding of margins per vendor.
- Provides upper management monthly updates on the status of the Department (employee needs/concerns, media directed revenue, proposed promotion schedule/plan).
- Establishes successful, productive relationships with client, client contacts and staff.
- Provides evaluations and recommendations on relevant digital advertising products and services.
- Makes pitches and presentations for new business.
- If new business is required, team allocation recommendations.
- Attends & participates in Affinitiv meetings.
- Stays current on all new product initiatives as well as trains/tracks product adaption.
- Maintains Affinitiv Advertising standards in all communication, internal documents, external documents and presents the company in a positive light 100% of the time.
- Ability to perform and assist in Sr. Media Buyer/Media Buyer role in absence of employee.
- Ability to develop solid interdepartmental relationships with all employees throughout Affinitiv.
- Ability to work cohesively with, and in a positive manner, all different personality types.
- 15+ more years of experience in an agency setting or equivalent work.
- 7+ years of experience in team management and the ability to work with a wide range of people.
- Experience in the Auto industry is preferred but not necessary
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Strong knowledge of Nielsen and Arbitron ratings data for local TV/Radio/Cable.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent negotiation and leadership skills.
- Must be detailed oriented and self-motivated.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to maintain composure and function well under pressure.
- Take initiative & be organized.
- Experience with the Microsoft suite of products
- Persistence when encountering obstacles to keep the project moving to completion.
- Consistently show respect for colleagues at all levels to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to move into problem-solving mode whenever challenges or concerns arise.
Affinitiv is the largest provider of end-to-end, data-driven marketing, and software solutions exclusively focused on automotive customer lifecycle. Backed by 20+ years of automotive and marketing expertise, we pride ourselves on being the go-to experts in the industry. Not only do we work with over 6,500 dealerships and every major manufacturer in the country, but we’re also well-versed in OEM standards and the intricacies of a dealership or group’s local business.
So, what’s that mean for you? Through a technology-driven, consultative approach, we create a true partnership with our clients, tapping into exactly what they need to reach their unique goals, increase customer loyalty, and maximize revenue.
At Affinitiv, we celebrate diversity, equality, and an inclusive environment.
Affinitiv Diversity Council (BRIDGE): Building Real Inclusion via Deliberate Growth and Empathy. BRIDGE is a group of progress-minded Affinitiv team members and leaders who have volunteered to jumpstart and lead our diversity, equality, and inclusion initiatives and strategies. We are a group of people from many different backgrounds, cultures, abilities, and life experiences.
We are advocates of diversity and celebrate the richness it brings to our company and culture. We champion inclusivity and strive to serve as a reflection of the customers and communities we represent.