This position will serve as a multifaceted Technical Support Specialist to provide professional support on all EUROIMMUN instrumentation and products.
Excellent technical and communication skills are necessary to positively interact with customers and company personnel. Successful candidates will be self-starters, who can independently manage their time and schedules; will possess basic business acumen and effectively communicate skills at all levels.
Position Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Maintain a working knowledge of EUROIMMUN instrumentation, software, products and techniques.
- Deliver phone and e-mail support to end-users from the home office.
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns and requests about instrumentation and services.
- Maintain positive, professional communications with customers and colleagues.
- Gather customer’s information and troubleshoot the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues within a timely manner.
- Determine the cause of error, classify the complaint and forward the relevant information to the appropriate department for processing.
- Respond to escalated cases as needed, to ensure quality service and customer satisfaction
- Dispatch service and prepare necessary documentation.
- Accurately process and record call transactions using a computer and designated tracking software.
- Perform data entry and follow up activities for completeness and timeliness.
- Open communication with multiple departments when needed.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
- Independently implement and follow standard procedures, guidelines and policies.
- Participates in internal and external audits as necessary.
- Trains and mentors Associate Representatives.
- Perform all other duties and tasks as assigned
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- BS in Life Sciences discipline
- 2 years of experience in a laboratory setting
- AS in Life Sciences discipline
- 4 years of experience in a laboratory setting
- Experience as a field service representative, Lab MT , or related field desired
- Biomedical engineering and/or technical degree; or equivalent military training and experience, with emphasis in instrumentation, computers
- Technically proficient in running IVD assays with an understanding of the basis for these assays
- Well-organized, able to function independently with a minimum of supervision
- Customer-oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Exhibits a high level of critical thinking abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic demeanor and a can-do attitude
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.