Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and support networks (LAN, WAN, WLAN).
- Install, configure and support Windows servers, clusters, backup libraries, Cisco routers and other network devices as required.
- Monitor network performance and integrity.
- Troubleshooting, resolving, and communicating networking issues.
- Design and implement group policies and scripts.
- Install, configure and support SQL servers and large databases .
- Monitor data transfer between various facilities across the State of California and resolve any related issues.
- Automate tasks and monitor effectiveness.
- Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery).
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) storage design, implementation and support.
- Install and maintain Hyper-V, XML and XML schema.
- Manage remote access to laboratories and State equipment.
- Install, configure and support Laboratory Information System (LIMS).
- Install, configure and support Exchange server.
- Manage help desk support system.
- Must reside in San Francisco Bay region.
- Ability to work in a hybrid work environment.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% in the State of California. Ability to travel to Akron, Ohio for training as needed.
- General office atmosphere and laboratory environment workspace. Customer laboratories will include biological sample material.
- Two-year degree technical degree or commensurate experience.
- 2 years of Windows Active Directory
- 1+ year of LAN/WAN’s, firewalls, routers and printers
- 1+ year of networking protocols like TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
- Microsoft MCSE certification.
- Coding experience in VBA and/or C#, or similar languages.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously from design to implementation.
- Customer support experience using a case management system and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Ability to communicate technical information to others in a non-technical manner.
- Mentor other team members on technical items.
Diversity is foundational to PerkinElmer and we know that hiring talent with different backgrounds will provide a greater impact for our customers and a more inclusive workplace for our team. Our commitment to creating a culturally diverse workplace is REAL! We know that it’s the people that make PerkinElmer a wonderful, enriching place to work that is why we are always searching for talented and motivated individuals to join the PerkinElmer Family.
So what’s in it for you?
We create a customized development plan to help you achieve your career goals. We partner with you to build a long and rewarding career by providing:
- On-the-job training
- Mentoring relationships
- Ongoing career development planning
- Company and external training programs
- Opportunities for internal career mobility
Our company fosters innovation, knowledge sharing, and teamwork for long-term success. We are committed to the development of your career, giving you opportunities to learn and grow. Simply put, we make a difference for you, so you can make a difference in the world.
We are passionate about our work and the benefits we create for our customers, our communities, and our environment. Every day, we help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
With about 13,000 employees worldwide, we pioneer scientific technologies for food and drug safety, environmental monitoring, industrial analysis, screening and diagnostic testing, and imaging for life sciences. We provide better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers make a profound impact on the world.